Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For all you morons that use google-groups to post to usenet

Just thought that you might want to know that since Tuesday this week,
all of you Klowns (that don't know how to use a proper usenet client
paired with any two-bit REAL usenet server) that if you use
google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet, that your posts
haven't been leaving the google server and hence all the rest of us that
use REAL NNTP servers haven't been seeing your posts.

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this - we
won't see it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2012 4:52 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Just thought that you might want to know that since Tuesday this week,
all of you Klowns (that don't know how to use a proper usenet client
paired with any two-bit REAL usenet server) that if you use
google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet, that your posts
haven't been leaving the google server and hence all the rest of us that
use REAL NNTP servers haven't been seeing your posts.

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this - we
won't see it.

I wondered what was going on. Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2012 5:52 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Just thought that you might want to know that since Tuesday this week,
all of you Klowns (that don't know how to use a proper usenet client
paired with any two-bit REAL usenet server) that if you use
google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet, that your posts
haven't been leaving the google server and hence all the rest of us that
use REAL NNTP servers haven't been seeing your posts.

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this - we
won't see it.

Yup. I've been seeing this as I sometimes post of a business machine.

Think anyone that reads your posts will know who the moron is
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2012 5:18 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/30/2012 5:52 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Just thought that you might want to know that since Tuesday this week,
all of you Klowns (that don't know how to use a proper usenet client
paired with any two-bit REAL usenet server) that if you use
google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet, that your posts
haven't been leaving the google server and hence all the rest of us that
use REAL NNTP servers haven't been seeing your posts.

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this - we
won't see it.

Yup. I've been seeing this as I sometimes post of a business machine.

I'm guessing you mean "at work." I know a lot of people use GG at work.

Think anyone that reads your posts will know who the moron is

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-03-30, Home Guy wrote:

google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet............

..........haven't been seeing your posts.

As I KF all Google Groups posts with my REAL newgroups client, I don't
see them, anyway.

nb

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2012 6:27 PM, gonjah wrote:
On 3/30/2012 5:18 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/30/2012 5:52 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Just thought that you might want to know that since Tuesday this week,
all of you Klowns (that don't know how to use a proper usenet client
paired with any two-bit REAL usenet server) that if you use
google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet, that your posts
haven't been leaving the google server and hence all the rest of us that
use REAL NNTP servers haven't been seeing your posts.

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this - we
won't see it.

Yup. I've been seeing this as I sometimes post of a business machine.

I'm guessing you mean "at work." I know a lot of people use GG at work.

Not quite. It is a machine in my home belonging to and controlled by a
business I consult for and has internet access which I sometimes use
rather than turn on my home machine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

notbob wrote:

As I KF all Google Groups posts with my REAL newgroups client ...

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP

That's pretty classic there notbob.

Does anyone else see the irony here?
Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote:

I'm guessing you mean "at work." I know a lot of people use GG
at work.

Where their IP address is clearly visible when they post?

As opposed to any one of several free NNTP servers that obfuscate the IP
address?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2012 6:02 PM, Home Guy wrote:
gonjah wrote:

I'm guessing you mean "at work." I know a lot of people use GG
at work.

Where their IP address is clearly visible when they post?

As opposed to any one of several free NNTP servers that obfuscate the IP
address?

Main problem being they can't (or don't want to) load the s/w on the
work computer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote:

I'm guessing you mean "at work." I know a lot of people use GG
at work.

Where their IP address is clearly visible when they post?

As opposed to any one of several free NNTP servers that obfuscate the IP
address?

Main problem being they can't (or don't want to) load the s/w on the
work computer.

True dat!

I can't load any software on my office machine. It's so locked down that
I can't even read or write to any external device such as a USB
thumbdrive or CD.

When I log into my office machine remotely, even the clipboards are
different. If I copy something from a "local" application (e.g. Word), I
can't paste it into a remote application or vice versus.

Heck, I feel lucky that I can still charge my cell phone via the USB
port at work.

Being *forced* to use GG doesn't make anyone a moron.

Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote:

[...]

I use it for convenience. I can access the newsgroups
from any computer, even when traveling. And its always
amusing to see how some folks get all worked up over
how others choose to access the internet. As if it should
matter to them? But then look at who started the thread.
Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote:

[...]

Windows doesn't bundle in "Outlook Express" anymore meaning the employee
has to d/l Thunderbird (or the like). I was in charge of our computer
network at my last job and people d/l software was one of my biggest
nightmares. They did it anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Being *forced* to use GG doesn't make anyone a moron.

Except for the employer who's paying your salary and they don't know
you're putzing around with usenet at work.

But I would guess that the crowd in this group is mostly retired old
pharts using google-groups from home.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On 2012-03-30, Home Guy wrote:

google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet............

..........haven't been seeing your posts.

As I KF all Google Groups posts with my REAL newgroups client, I don't
see them, anyway.

nb

--

If this is true then how come you reply to postings
originating from Google?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Home Guy wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Being *forced* to use GG doesn't make anyone a moron.

Except for the employer who's paying your salary and they don't know
you're putzing around with usenet at work.

But I would guess that the crowd in this group is mostly retired old
pharts using google-groups from home.

Are we really gonna have ANOTHER discussion on why people LIKE to use
GG? WTF does it matter HOW someone post to Usenet? First people bashed
AOL users, the WebTV users, and now GG users.

--
Grab your gun and bring the cat in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2012 7:59 PM, Home Guy wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Being *forced* to use GG doesn't make anyone a moron.

Except for the employer who's paying your salary and they don't know
you're putzing around with usenet at work.

But I would guess that the crowd in this group is mostly retired old
pharts using google-groups from home.

Most employers don't mind if you do it on your break. There are some who
think internet browsing actually saves time because it keeps people at
their desks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote in :

notbob wrote:

As I KF all Google Groups posts with my REAL newgroups client ...

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP

That's pretty classic there notbob.

Does anyone else see the irony here?

There's no irony here at all. Only government workers can commit
censorship.

Private citizens simply limit what they wish to see; they cannot shut
people up, which is what "censorship" is.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On 2012-03-30, Home Guy wrote:

google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet............

..........haven't been seeing your posts.

As I KF all Google Groups posts with my REAL newgroups client, I don't
see them, anyway.

And you are missing out on a lot of valuable/helpful info.

--
Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron wrote:

Are we really gonna have ANOTHER discussion on why people LIKE to
use GG? WTF does it matter HOW someone post to Usenet?

Maybe it matters because google has been screwing up more and more
frequently you twit.

If it's a horrible way to experience usenet *AND* its basic
post-distribution system is broken then maybe you can see why it
deserves to be bashed.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Home Guy wrote:
Ron wrote:

Are we really gonna have ANOTHER discussion on why people LIKE to
use GG? WTF does it matter HOW someone post to Usenet?

Maybe it matters because google has been screwing up more and more
frequently you twit.

Here comes the name calling as expected. Ever figure out how to fix a
crack in a single pane piece of glass, twit? LOL!

If it's a horrible way to experience usenet *AND* its basic
post-distribution system is broken then maybe you can see why it
deserves to be bashed.

There is noting horrible about using GG when it is working correctly.

ALL servers have problems now and then.

--
Grab your gun and bring the cat in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Home Guy wrote:
Just thought that you might want to know that since Tuesday this week,
all of you Klowns (that don't know how to use a proper usenet client
paired with any two-bit REAL usenet server) that if you use
google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet, that your posts
haven't been leaving the google server and hence all the rest of us that
use REAL NNTP servers haven't been seeing your posts.

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this - we
won't see it.

Shhhh!

Can the Googlers see each others posts? That might be better all the
way around.

In space, no one can hear google scream.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...
notbob wrote:

As I KF all Google Groups posts with my REAL newgroups client ...

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP

That's pretty classic there notbob.

Does anyone else see the irony here?

No irony
Individuals have a RIGHT to LIMIT what they want to see
Censorship is when THE GOVERNMENT limits that right
DOH !

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tegger" wrote in message
Home Guy wrote in :

notbob wrote:

As I KF all Google Groups posts with my REAL newgroups client ...

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP

That's pretty classic there notbob.

Does anyone else see the irony here?

There's no irony here at all. Only government workers can commit
censorship.

Private citizens simply limit what they wish to see; they cannot shut
people up, which is what "censorship" is.

One should not be surprised when some can't see the irony of claiming
"censorship" when it's individual choice to see or not see something
No wonder the same crowd sees no problem when the government makes them
buy something they may not need or want.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-03-31, Attila.Iskander wrote:

One should not be surprised when some can't see the irony of claiming
"censorship" when it's individual choice to see or not see something

"Censorship is the suppression of speech or other public
communication...." --wiki

I'm not suppressing anything, merely choosing not to read it. No
different than walking past a newspaper stand and not purchasing a
newpaper. I have prevented no one from saying or printing anything.

Get a clue.

nb

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!
http://projects.propublica.org/sopa/
vi --the heart of evil!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/30/12 10:14 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Ron wrote:

Are we really gonna have ANOTHER discussion on why people LIKE to
use GG? WTF does it matter HOW someone post to Usenet?

Maybe it matters because google has been screwing up more and more
frequently you twit.

If it's a horrible way to experience usenet *AND* its basic
post-distribution system is broken then maybe you can see why it
deserves to be bashed.

The difference is that in this case you bashed the *users* not the
product by calling them morons.

What's that saying about the pot and the kettle?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2012 5:52 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Just thought that you might want to know that since Tuesday this week,
all of you Klowns (that don't know how to use a proper usenet client
paired with any two-bit REAL usenet server) that if you use
google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet, that your posts
haven't been leaving the google server and hence all the rest of us that
use REAL NNTP servers haven't been seeing your posts.

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this - we
won't see it.

What do you recommend for Ipad users?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/2012 12:31 AM, Fake ID wrote:
In , Home wrote:
Just thought that you might want to know that since Tuesday this week,
all of you Klowns (that don't know how to use a proper usenet client
paired with any two-bit REAL usenet server) that if you use
google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet, that your posts
haven't been leaving the google server and hence all the rest of us that
use REAL NNTP servers haven't been seeing your posts.

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this - we
won't see it.

Shhhh!

Can the Googlers see each others posts? That might be better all the
way around.

In space, no one can hear google scream.

I had some Google posts that only showed up in Google and not my
newsreader so I knew there was a problem.

Some use net groups screen out Google posts because of all the spam that
comes in through them such as news.mozilla.org which I like to look in at.

OP brought up a good topic but otherwise he is a jerk for phrasing it
the way he did and continuing abuse in his follow-ups.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

Duesenberg wrote:

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this -
we won't see it.

What do you recommend for Ipad users?

I recommend that they get out of their walled garden and get a real
computer.

Short of that, if you're saying that there is no real usenet (NNTP)
client available for the iPad, then that's a real deficiency for
something that claims to be a portable computer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:29:30 AM UTC-5, Duesenberg wrote:
On 3/30/2012 5:52 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Just thought that you might want to know that since Tuesday this week,
all of you Klowns (that don't know how to use a proper usenet client
paired with any two-bit REAL usenet server) that if you use
google-groups to access (read and post) to usenet, that your posts
haven't been leaving the google server and hence all the rest of us that
use REAL NNTP servers haven't been seeing your posts.

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this - we
won't see it.

What do you recommend for Ipad users?

It's iPad. And the OP is an ignoramus (or is that giving him too much credit?)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron wrote:

Are we really gonna have ANOTHER discussion on why people LIKE to
use GG? WTF does it matter HOW someone post to Usenet?

Maybe it matters because google has been screwing up more and more
frequently you twit.

If it's a horrible way to experience usenet *AND* its basic
post-distribution system is broken then maybe you can see why it
deserves to be bashed.

The difference is that in this case you bashed the *users* not the
product by calling them morons.

What's that saying about the pot and the kettle?

And how would HomeLessGuy know what the GG experience is like
when he doesn't use it? Kind of like the folks that make all kinds
of
accusations about what some radio talk show host is saying, or some
news channel, complete with name calling, without listening or
watching it.

I've use client based apps for newsgroup access. And I've used GG.
GG is perfectly fine. As to who the moron is, folks can judge that
for themselves based on past experience with particular posters.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Being *forced* to use GG doesn't make anyone a moron.

Except for the employer who's paying your salary and they don't know
you're putzing around with usenet at work.

But I would guess that the crowd in this group is mostly retired old
pharts using google-groups from home.

Most employers don't mind if you do it on your break. There are some who
think internet browsing actually saves time because it keeps people at
their desks.

If internet browsing is a way to keep them at their desks, then they
apparently do not have enough work to do, or are not doing the work they
have to do.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/31/2012 9:29 AM, Home Guy wrote:
Duesenberg wrote:

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this -
we won't see it.

What do you recommend for Ipad users?

I recommend that they get out of their walled garden and get a real
computer.

Short of that, if you're saying that there is no real usenet (NNTP)
client available for the iPad, then that's a real deficiency for
something that claims to be a portable computer.

Yeah because usenet is a growth "social networking" forum so the lack of
nntp support by tablet makers is a real deficiency. Why market facebook
or tumbler or twitter or pinterest connectivity when they can just stick
to usenet.

I didn't say there were no real usenet clients/apps available. When did
I type or say that were not? I simply asked what do you recommend for
Ipad users because the tone of your posting in this thread infers you
are an expert at many things "usenet". I thought you might be a good
person to ask this sort of question.

And not everyone has the space or the means or the desire or the career
to have a real computer. A salesman on the road may want to take an
hour break between meetings and is he supposed to set-up his PC so he
can read some usenet postings at starbucks?

There are vast limitations to having a PC. I enjoy PCs and prefer them
every time and enjoy building them and modifying them, but tablets and
smartphones are outselling PCs so you are not helping at all with the
fastest growing computer device market with your commentary.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote the following on 3/31/2012 9:29 AM (ET):
Duesenberg wrote:

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this -
we won't see it.

What do you recommend for Ipad users?

I recommend that they get out of their walled garden and get a real
computer.

Short of that, if you're saying that there is no real usenet (NNTP)
client available for the iPad, then that's a real deficiency for
something that claims to be a portable computer.

You mean there isn't an app for that???? :-)

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

Duesenberg wrote:

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this - we
won't see it.
What do you recommend for Ipad users?

I recommend that they get out of their walled garden and get a real
computer.

Short of that, if you're saying that there is no real usenet (NNTP)
client available for the iPad, then that's a real deficiency for
something that claims to be a portable computer.

You mean there isn't an app for that???? :-)

There's about 4 or 5, at least for Ipad. I dunno about android.

Google groups seems to be the easiest without installing app, and it
saves space, but as Home Guy says, Google Groups seems to have gotten
really unreliable the last couple of years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Duesenberg wrote:

What do you recommend for Ipad users?

I recommend that they get out of their walled garden and get a
real computer.

Short of that, if you're saying that there is no real usenet
(NNTP) client available for the iPad, then that's a real
deficiency for something that claims to be a portable
computer.

I didn't say there were no real usenet clients/apps available.
When did I type or say that were not?

You have reading comprehension problem - don't you?

I DID NOT SAY that YOU SAID there were no clients/apps available.

I said that *IF* YOU'RE SAYING THERE ARE NONE AVAILABLE, then that's a
real deficiency for something that claims to be a portable computer.

I have no idea what apps are available for ANY iSlave device because I
don't own nor have ever owned nor ever intend to own any Crapple
product.

Yeah because usenet is a growth "social networking" forum so
the lack of nntp support by tablet makers is a real
deficiency.

That's typical of iSlave owners.

It's ok if my iSlave device doesn't have this port or that
functionality, because if it doesn't have it it must obviously be
something I don't need.

And you bash usenet even though you're obviously a usenet participant.

I simply asked what do you recommend for Ipad users because
the tone of your posting in this thread infers you are an
expert at many things "usenet". I thought you might be a
good person to ask this sort of question.

Ordinarily that would be true. I've been reading and posting to usenet
since 1988.

I would have thought that since there are 100 bazillion apps available
for the iSlave, and since the iSlave is soooo easy to use, and the
iStore where these apps flow from is so plentiful, that (a) there would
be at least 1 nntp client app for the iSlave, and (2) said app should be
easy to obtain.

Now, if a real nntp client app violates the premis of the Crapple walled
garden, then I can see why there might not be one available.

And not everyone has the space or the means or the desire or
the career to have a real computer. A salesman on the road
may want to take an hour break between meetings and is he
supposed to set-up his PC so he can read some usenet postings
at starbucks?

The free nntp server nntp.aioe.org works from anywhere in the world,
regardless what your internet connection is, and it does not require
authentication or a user account. Other free nntp servers also work
from anywhere in the world, but do require that you have an account
(which you can get by setting up a throw-away e-mail account on a server
like hushmail).

There are vast limitations to having a PC.

There are netbooks the size of the iPad and they can do far more because
of their connectivity (ports) and because of the wealth of free and paid
software and have none of the walled-garden handicaps and prohibitions
and requirements (itunes) of iSlave devices.

I enjoy PCs and prefer them every time and enjoy building
them and modifying them, but tablets and smartphones are
outselling PCs

That's because most people are complete morons when it comes to owning a
desktop or laptop PC - and Microsoft doesn't make it any easier with
complexity and bloat that comes with each new version of Windoze.

I for one will never be drawn to small hand-held computing devices with
touch-screen interfaces because of the ergonomic constraints needed to
operate them. Call me old fashioned, but typing at a full-sized
keyboard while looking at a 19" monitor located 24" from my eyes is what
I find comfortable to do. And using a proper pointing device to
manipulate and use my computer, navigate it's file structure, etc, is
something I must be able to do.

And when you combine that with the fact that you don't really own your
iSlave device (Crapple really owns it and dictates what you can and
can't do with it because of the control they exert over it even when
it's in your own hands) then that's why I look down and scowl at the
whole Crapple ecosystem and how they've brainwashed so many people into
accepting that this is the future of computing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

OP brought up a good topic but otherwise he is a jerk for phrasing it
the way he did and continuing abuse in his follow-ups.

+1