Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT break down in Congress over hoodie

....I'm almost shocked

Lawmaker wearing hoodie removed from House floor ,, a former Black
Panther party member.

Video:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/politics/congressman-hoodie/index.html

Be sure to vote....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2012 8:31 PM, Oren wrote:
...I'm almost shocked

Lawmaker wearing hoodie removed from House floor ,, a former Black
Panther party member.

Video:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/politics/congressman-hoodie/index.html

Be sure to vote....

Yes, image is important so whenever I need to hire a professional, I
always try to find one dressed like a gang banger wearing a hoodie.
Posted to alt.home.repair

For example, dentist? Nothing like seeing a droopy drawers dentist with a
hoodie. Or, a gynecologist, or a computer programmer.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Kevin O. Conner" wrote in message

Yes, image is important so whenever I need to hire a professional, I
always try to find one dressed like a gang banger wearing a hoodie.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 1:31*am, Oren wrote:
...I'm almost shocked

Lawmaker wearing hoodie removed from House floor ,, a former Black
Panther party member.

Video:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/politics/congressman-hoodie/index.html

Be sure to vote....

You're not smart are you?
He succeeeded in his purpose, ie publicity.
Probably worked better than his wildest dreams.. The story even shown
over here, Al Jazeera, France24 TV and on Russian TV.
Made the USA look a wonderful place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2012 8:31 PM, Oren wrote:
...I'm almost shocked

Lawmaker wearing hoodie removed from House floor ,, a former Black
Panther party member.

Video:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/politics/congressman-hoodie/index.html

Be sure to vote....

In theory this was supposed to be about a violation of some vague
congressional rule about hats being verboten even though a hoodie is not a
hat. I'm sure that this rule is equally applied in all cases and that an
observant Jewish male wearing his hat (yarmulke) would be dragged from the
floor too. Well, maybe if he happened to be liberal and black and trying to
make a serious point that embarrassed the GOP.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
John McGaw wrote:

In theory this was supposed to be about a violation of some vague
congressional rule about hats being verboten even though a hoodie is not a
hat. I'm sure that this rule is equally applied in all cases and that an
observant Jewish male wearing his hat (yarmulke) would be dragged from the
floor too. Well, maybe if he happened to be liberal and black and trying to
make a serious point that embarrassed the GOP.

I always get fascinated by how things that have nothing to do with
the argument are the shiny objects that catch the attention of popular
press and politicians. Geraldo spouts off about the hoodie and all of a
sudden it is about attire instead of whether or not the kid was shot on
legal terms.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John McGaw" wrote in message
On 3/29/2012 8:31 PM, Oren wrote:
...I'm almost shocked

Lawmaker wearing hoodie removed from House floor ,, a former Black
Panther party member.

Video:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/politics/congressman-hoodie/index.html

Be sure to vote....

In theory this was supposed to be about a violation of some vague
congressional rule about hats being verboten even though a hoodie is not a
hat. I'm sure that this rule is equally applied in all cases and that an
observant Jewish male wearing his hat (yarmulke) would be dragged from the
floor too. Well, maybe if he happened to be liberal and black and trying
to make a serious point that embarrassed the GOP.

Don't have a problem with relenting if a hat or even a hoodie wearer had a
serious point to make
Too bad that Rush had nothing of the sort.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2012 8:31 PM, Oren wrote:
...I'm almost shocked

Lawmaker wearing hoodie removed from House floor ,, a former Black
Panther party member.

Video:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/politics/congressman-hoodie/index.html

Be sure to vote....

Bobby Rush thinks he's helping people but is actually harming them.
Here's why I think so.

I work for an F100 company and have the pleasure of working with young
people of all colors from every country around the world. These kids are
highly educated and they're scary smart.

Yet here's Bobby Rush essentially telling young black kids to dress like
gang bangers and look stupid. Does he actually believe that will help
them become successful?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 5:17*pm, "Norm A. Brams" wrote:
On 3/29/2012 8:31 PM, Oren wrote:

...I'm almost shocked

Lawmaker wearing hoodie removed from House floor ,, a former Black
Panther party member.

Video:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/politics/congressman-hoodie/index.html

Be sure to vote....

Bobby Rush thinks he's helping people but is actually harming them.
Here's why I think so.

I work for an F100 company and have the pleasure of working with young
people of all colors from every country around the world. These kids are
highly educated and they're scary smart.

Yet here's Bobby Rush essentially telling young black kids to dress like
gang bangers and look stupid. Does he actually believe that will help
them become successful?

I think his point is you can't go by apppearances.

Scary smart????
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:17:45 -0400, wrote:

I thought the reputation of the hoodie was screwed up by this guy

http://tinyurl.com/d9fjp

I don't think so. That guy lives in the side of a mountain. No hoodies
allowed. The sun-glasses were sent home to family at govt. expense.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Norm A. Brams" wrote in message
On 3/29/2012 8:31 PM, Oren wrote:
...I'm almost shocked

Lawmaker wearing hoodie removed from House floor ,, a former Black
Panther party member.

Video:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/politics/congressman-hoodie/index.html

Be sure to vote....

Bobby Rush thinks he's helping people but is actually harming them. Here's
why I think so.

I work for an F100 company and have the pleasure of working with young
people of all colors from every country around the world. These kids are
highly educated and they're scary smart.

Yet here's Bobby Rush essentially telling young black kids to dress like
gang bangers and look stupid. Does he actually believe that will help them
become successful?

'
Would bobby rush get elected if young black people became successful ?
He needs them looking stupid and being dependent in the ghetto.
That's his bread and butter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2012 8:31 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

That's huge!

A black democrat congressman oppressing his own people?

Wow!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/29/2012 9:00 PM, Kevin O. Conner wrote:
On 3/29/2012 8:31 PM, Oren wrote:
...I'm almost shocked

Lawmaker wearing hoodie removed from House floor ,, a former Black
Panther party member.

Video:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/politics/congressman-hoodie/index.html

Be sure to vote....

Yes, image is important so whenever I need to hire a professional, I
always try to find one dressed like a gang banger wearing a hoodie.

You forgot "The Grill" the gold teeth perhaps with diamonds inlaid. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/30/2012 5:34 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 3/29/2012 8:31 PM, Oren wrote:
...I'm almost shocked

Lawmaker wearing hoodie removed from House floor ,, a former Black
Panther party member.

Video:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/politics/congressman-hoodie/index.html

Be sure to vote....

In theory this was supposed to be about a violation of some vague
congressional rule about hats being verboten even though a hoodie is not
a hat. I'm sure that this rule is equally applied in all cases and that
an observant Jewish male wearing his hat (yarmulke) would be dragged
from the floor too. Well, maybe if he happened to be liberal and black
and trying to make a serious point that embarrassed the GOP.

Oh great, now we're going to have "The Kwanzaa Hoodie" a new religious
vestment that will be a protected religious form of dress and
expression. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Bobby Rush thinks he's helping people but is actually harming them.
Here's why I think so.

I work for an F100 company and have the pleasure of working with
young people of all colors from every country around the world.
These kids are highly educated and they're scary smart.

Yet here's Bobby Rush essentially telling young black kids to dress
like gang bangers and look stupid. Does he actually believe that
will help them become successful?

I think his point is you can't go by apppearances.

Oh yes you can!

That's why no bank manager would hire an applicant wearing a hoodie or pants
down around his scrotum.
---
I saw a man-on-the-street interview with an "Occupy" protester. He had a
dyed-red Mohawk and lamented that he had a Master's degree but still
couldn't find a job. The interviewer asked:

"What was your major?"

"I don't see how that's relative!" replied the protester.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/2/2012 6:38 PM, HeyBub wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

Woman's studies? o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 30, 2012 9:08:54 AM UTC-4, Kurt Ullman wrote:
I always get fascinated by how things that have nothing to do with
the argument are the shiny objects that catch the attention of popular
press and politicians. Geraldo spouts off about the hoodie and all of a
sudden it is about attire instead of whether or not the kid was shot on
legal terms.

No, the assertion is that he was shot BECAUSE he was wearing the hoodie, that whats-his-face is an abject racist of the worst order, i.e. "shoot all blackies on sight."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:48:35 AM UTC-4, Jerrod wrote:
That's huge!

A black democrat congressman oppressing his own people?

Wow!

It's typical Democrat politician behavior: Subversively manipulate the system for your own personal gain while claiming to do it "for the people."

Republican politicians, on the other hand, openly manipulate the system for their personal gain with their middle fingers held high.

Neither side wants to do what's right. The only way the system works is if we keep one side or the other from having complete control.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Friday, March 30, 2012 9:08:54 AM UTC-4, Kurt Ullman wrote:
I always get fascinated by how things that have nothing to do with
the argument are the shiny objects that catch the attention of popular
press and politicians. Geraldo spouts off about the hoodie and all of a
sudden it is about attire instead of whether or not the kid was shot on
legal terms.

No, the assertion is that he was shot BECAUSE he was wearing the hoodie,
that whats-his-face is an abject racist of the worst order, i.e. "shoot
all blackies on sight."

What nonsense
People who actually think, know better.