Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ban Asbestos Bill in Congress

Hi,

As you know many buildings and building materials contain asbestos.
While asbestos is banned in many countries it is not banned in the
United States. There is currently a bill in the U. S. House of
Representatives to ban all new asbestos in the United States and to
provide funds for medical research into asbestos-related diseases,
such as mesothelioma, so effective treatments and a cure can be
found. There is currently no federal funds for research into asbestos
related diseases. Help make that change. Write to your U.S.
representative to vote for the bill to ban asbestos and provide
research funds for asbestos-related diseases so effective treatments
and a cure can be found. Remind them that the ban is not enough since
it doesn't help people already sick and who will become sick with
asbestos-related diseases due to past (which could have occurred
decades ago) or future exposures. These people need effective
treatments and a cure. That takes federal funds allocated for medical
research into asbestos-related diseases..There is a link at
http://www.curemeso.org/siteapps/adv...PKtH&b=3091043
from which you can write your U. S. Representative.

Pages: [1]
Posted to alt.home.repair

Faye wrote:
[...]

More undeserved money for the lawyers. That's all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Faye" wrote in message
Hi,
There is currently no federal funds for research into asbestos
related diseases.

Good. That will make it tougher for lawyers to make less money too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Faye wrote:

[...]

This sounds to me too much like advocacy for stuff to favor litigation.

Although I agree that asbestos did *Bad Things*, it appears to me that
about 99% of that happened to people who had really high exposure to it -
as in mostly inhaling visible clouds of it on multiple occaisions, or
distant second to that being housewives regularly laundering clothes
visibly dusted with the stuff.

It appears to me that regulation to an extent that prevents exposure
within 2-3 orders of magnitude of that is sufficient, and it appears
to me that we already have more than that.

I favor Federal subsidy of treatment of victims of obvious asbestos
disease. I am not so strongly in favor of spending bigtime taxpayer money
on research into diseases that will soon at least 99% of the way be banished
by regulations enacted a decade or two ago. And I am totally against any
total ban of asbestos - I merely favor regulating and restricting it to
the severe extent that it is already regulated and restricted by
regulations, restrictions, and political incorrectness of that substance.

- Don Klipstein )