Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In what Newsgroup Can I ask this Question

I know, I am in the wrong group here, but who can help?

I have a hardwood floor in my den. I have a plastic chair mat with no
teeth on the bottom so it won't damage my floor. But, on top of the
wood floor, I have an area rug.

The chair mat slides all over the place because part of it sits on a
wood floor, and part of it sits on a rug.

I have tried double-back tape, but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Kate
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kate" wrote in message
I know, I am in the wrong group here, but who can help?

I have a hardwood floor in my den. I have a plastic chair mat with no
teeth on the bottom so it won't damage my floor. But, on top of the wood
floor, I have an area rug.

The chair mat slides all over the place because part of it sits on a wood
floor, and part of it sits on a rug.

I have tried double-back tape, but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Kate

try putting a small blob of hot glue on the mats in the corners, let dry.
Then flip them over and it should keeep them from sliding

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2012 6:58 PM, ChairMan wrote:
wrote in message
I know, I am in the wrong group here, but who can help?

I have a hardwood floor in my den. I have a plastic chair mat with no
teeth on the bottom so it won't damage my floor. But, on top of the wood
floor, I have an area rug.

The chair mat slides all over the place because part of it sits on a wood
floor, and part of it sits on a rug.

I have tried double-back tape, but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Kate

try putting a small blob of hot glue on the mats in the corners, let dry.
Then flip them over and it should keeep them from sliding

This sounds like a good idea. My chair mats for my 2 computer chairs
have teeth about an inch apart and I doubt if they reach the floor but I
have wall to wall over the hardwood floor and just assume that. Dabs of
hot melt all over the mat underside on the rug would probably act the
same as teeth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2012 5:44 PM, Kate wrote:
I know, I am in the wrong group here, but who can help?

I have a hardwood floor in my den. I have a plastic chair mat with no
teeth on the bottom so it won't damage my floor. But, on top of the wood
floor, I have an area rug.

The chair mat slides all over the place because part of it sits on a
wood floor, and part of it sits on a rug.

I have tried double-back tape, but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Kate

screw it down on two corners under the desk

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 24, 6:44*pm, Kate wrote:
I know, I am in the wrong group here, but who can help?

I have a hardwood floor in my den. *I have a plastic chair mat with no
teeth on the bottom so it won't damage my floor. *But, on top of the
wood floor, I have an area rug.

The chair mat slides all over the place because part of it sits on a
wood floor, and part of it sits on a rug.

I have tried double-back tape, but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Kate

Is it sliding, or just moving a little each time you walk on, or use,
the mat? If it is moving a little, it could be that the mat is
"walking" on the carpet. "Walking" means the mat is following the
direction of the nap (loops pointing in a certain direction) of the
rug.

Hank ~~~~~ needs more info

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2012 5:44 PM, Kate wrote:
I know, I am in the wrong group here, but who can help?

I have a hardwood floor in my den. I have a plastic chair mat with no
teeth on the bottom so it won't damage my floor. But, on top of the wood
floor, I have an area rug.

The chair mat slides all over the place because part of it sits on a
wood floor, and part of it sits on a rug.

I have tried double-back tape, but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Kate

Go to a hardware or carpet store and ask for carpet tape. Carpet tape is
a double sided sticky tape designed to solve the problem of slippery
rugs and carpet without damage to floor or rug/carpet. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 15:44:05 -0700, Kate wrote:

I know, I am in the wrong group here, but who can help?

I have a hardwood floor in my den. I have a plastic chair mat with no
teeth on the bottom so it won't damage my floor. But, on top of the
wood floor, I have an area rug.

The chair mat slides all over the place because part of it sits on a
wood floor, and part of it sits on a rug.

I have tried double-back tape, but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Kate

Look at your local sewing / fabric store.

A non-slip backing you can cut to size.

Sample:

http://ak2.ostkcdn.com/images/products/MLA12000691.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/25/2012 4:41 PM, Earl wrote:
not here. You should leave.

Um, exactly who are you responding to and for what purpose? o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kate wrote in :

I know, I am in the wrong group here, but who can help?

I have a hardwood floor in my den. I have a plastic chair mat with no
teeth on the bottom so it won't damage my floor. But, on top of the
wood floor, I have an area rug.

The chair mat slides all over the place because part of it sits on a
wood floor, and part of it sits on a rug.

I have tried double-back tape, but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Kate

In what Newsgroup Can I ask this Question

Just how much abuse can you take??? I hear that HVAC group will test you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
Kate wrote in :

I know, I am in the wrong group here, but who can help?

I have a hardwood floor in my den. I have a plastic chair mat with no
teeth on the bottom so it won't damage my floor. But, on top of the
wood floor, I have an area rug.

The chair mat slides all over the place because part of it sits on a
wood floor, and part of it sits on a rug.

I have tried double-back tape, but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Kate

In what Newsgroup Can I ask this Question

Just how much abuse can you take??? I hear that HVAC group will test you.

Nah !
She should go to one the religion or alternately atheism groups for some
real "testing"..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, try alt.hvac you wish to meet some of the finest usenet posters.

Have you tried pilot holing the chair mat, and anchor it with galvanized
deck screws?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org