Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default In what Newsgroup Can I ask this Question

On 3/24/2012 6:58 PM, ChairMan wrote:
wrote in message
I know, I am in the wrong group here, but who can help?

I have a hardwood floor in my den. I have a plastic chair mat with no
teeth on the bottom so it won't damage my floor. But, on top of the wood
floor, I have an area rug.

The chair mat slides all over the place because part of it sits on a wood
floor, and part of it sits on a rug.

I have tried double-back tape, but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Kate

try putting a small blob of hot glue on the mats in the corners, let dry.
Then flip them over and it should keeep them from sliding

This sounds like a good idea. My chair mats for my 2 computer chairs
have teeth about an inch apart and I doubt if they reach the floor but I
have wall to wall over the hardwood floor and just assume that. Dabs of
hot melt all over the mat underside on the rug would probably act the
same as teeth.