Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Limestone steps cleaning

I just had my steps done in front of my home with limestone and
brick.
Nice job done...BUT, naive about water stains on limestone. I washed
the steps down with a hose to get rid of all the remaining dust, and
some or the red of the brick had left a stain on the very top of the
stoop. I had no idea that this would happen..some neighbor suggested
bleach..any ideas please?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 22, 9:00*am, Anthony wrote:
I just had my steps done in front of my *home with limestone and
brick.
Nice job done...BUT, naive about water stains on limestone. I washed
the steps down with a hose to get rid of all the remaining dust, and
some or the red of the brick had left a stain on the very top of the
stoop. I had no idea that this would happen..some neighbor suggested
bleach..any ideas please?

Ummm, didn't we go through this in another thread last week?
At least now we know it's a red stain from brick. If that is what it
is
I'd try some household spray cleaner and a strong brush. AFAIK, Brick
should
not leave a stain, maybe it's just some brick dust. If it's
a reddish stain from RUST, then I'd use CLR or similar. Try it in
a small non-obvious spot first. That type of stain can come from
fine steel dust left from when they were cutting a piece of rebar
and shows up quickly.

Can Limestone steps be cleaned Anthony[_7_] Home Repair 4 March 18th 12 02:29 AM
Bonding oolitic limestone. PeterMcC UK diy 1 May 5th 08 08:08 AM
Reasonable Price for set of 3 steps, was : Replace Dangerous Side Steps. mm Home Repair 2 March 27th 07 04:57 PM
Limestone Perri Morgan Home Repair 45 June 27th 06 06:36 PM
Limestone fireplace Chris Styles UK diy 3 February 24th 06 11:43 PM