Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Duct tape finally comes through.

notbob wrote:
An old half dried out roll of crappy duct tape saved my bacon and my
mom's dog's ass.

Mom (who has alzheimers) has a min poodle that she hasn't groomed in
too long. It got a lump of doody stuck in its arse and was in pain.
The dog needed to see a vet, but mom wouldn't budge and I couldn't get
her to come with me, at first. I called for help but being so remote,
none was forthcoming. So, I decided to take the dog to the vet, one
way or the other. The dog had this tennis ball size lump of doody
stuck in/on its ass --to the point of bloody!-- a mess no matter how
you work it. Mom had no dog carrier (that I know of) so I rigged one
out one of those large cheapo plastic storage boxes you get fer $5-8
at Wallyworld. I punched some holes in the lid, put the dog in, and
bound it up with masking tape. I finally got mom to follow her dog
(her life) to the car, put the box/dog in, and hotfooted it to the
vet. Whew. One major crisis averted and one dog's ass saved.

I also bought some new duct tape!

Next time think pillow case. We used to give a free pillow case (cat
carrier) with every kitten rehomed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/13/2012 1:23 PM, HeyBub wrote:
notbob wrote:
[...]

or if there's a fire and you're emergency evacuating.