Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Waste septic Diagnosis?

Facts:
2 story home w/plastic waste pipes (black) to a septic tank.
2 2nd floor comodes and showers, 1 mail floor comode. Washer, etc.

Already done:
inspection of 1st floor comode drain to main line clear.
Septic tanks pumped clean last week,
Main line(20') reamed and videoed clean last week to tank.
Main line has a dip about 6" half-way through (----._.-----tank)
one of the main stack pipes has a crack where a tee is moulded into it
that will leak when pressurized

Symptoms:
about 1/2-3/4 of the time the when an upstairs shower is in use or
comode flushed the 1st floor comode will bubble. That signals a
problem then we get leaking in the basement stack.

Questions:

What might be causin the bubbling?

Other than gutting and rebuilding the stack is there anything that can
be done to seal the crack? Its right in the curve where the tee is
moulded into the mainl part so using waterproof tape is not really an
option.

There are six feeds coming into the stack in in between the joists.
Any ideas what a typical cost would be to remove/rebuild this stack?

Last but not least ... should we simply build an outhouse out back?

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions for a frustrated hownowner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 27, 5:16*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
wrote:
Facts:
2 story home w/plastic waste pipes (black) to a septic tank.
2 2nd floor comodes and showers, 1 mail floor comode. Washer, etc.

Already done:
inspection of 1st floor comode drain to main line clear.
Septic tanks pumped clean last week,
Main line(20') reamed and videoed clean last week to tank.
Main line has a dip about 6" half-way through (----._.-----tank)
one of the main stack pipes has a crack where a tee is moulded into it
that will leak when pressurized

Symptoms:
about 1/2-3/4 of the time the when an upstairs shower is in use or
comode flushed the 1st floor comode will bubble. *That signals a
problem then we get leaking in the basement stack.

Questions:

What might be causin the bubbling?

Clogged or inadequate vent.

Jim- Hide quoted text -

Yep,

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 27, 6:40*am, wrote:
[...]

Get up on the roof with a clean out tool and go after the debris in
the vent stack. Some folks do it with a garden hose. Check the
archives here for more.

Joe

Diagnosis? The Medway Handyman UK diy 15 January 26th 11 09:25 PM
Connecting basin waste to WC waste avocado UK diy 3 June 13th 08 09:13 AM
sink waste connect to bath waste? Vass UK diy 5 November 18th 05 05:40 PM
What are the white "bugs" on the top of my septic waste? CB Home Ownership 1 December 25th 04 08:16 AM
Electric diagnosis barry martin Home Repair 3 December 24th 03 03:52 PM