Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coffee pot repair

I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for $10.
It is a $300 machine. Don't you know, it don't work. I have downloaded the
stuff, but can't figure it out. Anyone have one of these? I know a guy who
is really good in electronics that I will probably end up taking it to, but
would like to fix it myself first for free.

Heats up, makes steam, heater gets hot, pump pumps, but no water comes
through drip head.

Help appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 12:22*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for $10..
It is a $300 machine. *Don't you know, it don't work. *I have downloaded the
stuff, but can't figure it out. *Anyone have one of these? *I know a guy who
is really good in electronics that I will probably end up taking it to, but
would like to fix it myself first for free.

Heats up, makes steam, heater gets hot, pump pumps, but no water comes
through drip head.

Help appreciated.

Just a guess, bad pump impeller.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 12:22*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for $10..
It is a $300 machine. *Don't you know, it don't work. *I have downloaded the
stuff, but can't figure it out. *Anyone have one of these? *I know a guy who
is really good in electronics that I will probably end up taking it to, but
would like to fix it myself first for free.

Heats up, makes steam, heater gets hot, pump pumps, but no water comes
through drip head.

Help appreciated.

Link to the "stuff" appreciated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for $10.
It is a $300 machine. Don't you know, it don't work. I have downloaded the
stuff, but can't figure it out. Anyone have one of these? I know a guy who
is really good in electronics that I will probably end up taking it to, but
would like to fix it myself first for free.

Heats up, makes steam, heater gets hot, pump pumps, but no water comes
through drip head.

Help appreciated.

Youtube, Go for it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0vZhzH-5X4
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 9:22*am, "Steve B" wrote:
I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for $10..
It is a $300 machine. *Don't you know, it don't work. *I have downloaded the
stuff, but can't figure it out. *Anyone have one of these? *I know a guy who
is really good in electronics that I will probably end up taking it to, but
would like to fix it myself first for free.

Heats up, makes steam, heater gets hot, pump pumps, but no water comes
through drip head.

Help appreciated.

Here's a link to a discussion.... maybe the pump just needs to be
primed?

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/528993

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mr. Austerity" "PrintMo.Money " wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for
$10. It is a $300 machine. Don't you know, it don't work. I have
downloaded the stuff, but can't figure it out. Anyone have one of these?
I know a guy who is really good in electronics that I will probably end
up taking it to, but would like to fix it myself first for free.

Heats up, makes steam, heater gets hot, pump pumps, but no water comes
through drip head.

Help appreciated.

Youtube, Go for it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0vZhzH-5X4