Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Coffee Machine Repair (help req'd)

Att: Frank

Got given this coffee machine.
Aroma Coffee™ 12 Digital (PC4700)

Fault:

When powering it on (digital panel) it turns straight off and the
element never gets to heats up.

This digital panel I assume control the usage etc. But also
controls the On/Off. The buttons themselves seem functional.
I can hear a relay trip once when it turns it self off again.

I've pulled to bits to check for obvious problems.
I'm thinking I'm looking at a round Thermistor (see below links)
that attaches directly to the element and it appears wired to the
mains voltage (230-240v here) on the power/relay board on the

right
side of the photo.

That's a thermal switch, not a thermistor. It should be closed.
- Franc Zabkar

Thanks for the reply...

So that is normally closed at all times unless it hits the temp
threshold? Even in a no power state?

How would it be acting if faulty?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Neid Koffe"

How would it be acting if faulty?

** Irrelevant - cos it is not the fault you have.

That device is only there as a last line of defence against the whole thing
going up in flames.

BTW:

Love your handle.

.... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Attn: Neid Koffe,

Did you ever fix the fault on your sunbeam aroma 12 coffee machine?

I have the exact same issue. These aren't worth taking to a repair shop but if it was something simple i'll sort it myself...

Really appreciate an answer either way ;-)

Cheers

peter

On Friday, March 25, 2011 11:37:43 PM UTC+13, Neid Koffe wrote:
Att: Frank

Got given this coffee machine.
Aroma Coffee(tm) 12 Digital (PC4700)

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 13 May 2014 16:16:01 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Really appreciate an answer either way ;-)

From a posting over three years ago? Not likely either way.