Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

Default Gaggia Synchrony Digital Coffee Machine

does anyone have any experience of these machines ?

http://www.armorica.co.uk/dyn/prod_image1902.jpg

I've been given one which won't start up, blank display. the manual
says check the power supply, fuse etc and I've done that.

obviously, I'd like to get it going again but before I get someone
in or take it in to be fixed I'd like to have a go myself.

any coffee machine engineers in the house ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "." contains these words:

I've been given one which won't start up, blank display. the manual
says check the power supply, fuse etc and I've done that.

Internal fuse? Microwaves usually have one, as do a lot of other silly
things. Shouldn't be hard to find once inside.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "." contains these words:

I've been given one which won't start up, blank display. the manual
says check the power supply, fuse etc and I've done that.

Internal fuse? Microwaves usually have one, as do a lot of other silly
things. Shouldn't be hard to find once inside.

fingers crossed that's all it is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

.. wrote:
I've been given one which won't start up, blank display. the manual
says check the power supply, fuse etc and I've done that.

If it is completely dead, it should be pretty easy to diagnose - almost
certainly a power supply fault.

In the event that you can't fix it, I wouldn't recommend taking it
anywhere. Call Gaggia in Huddersfield and arrange to send it to them
for repair. They only charge for parts and carriage no matter how old
the machine is - you will probably get it back in a couple of days.

If you do get it working, the other thing you should know is that the
brewgroup has a lifetime guarantee - so if it is sticky or noisy, just
send it (the brewgroup) back and they will refurbish it FOC.

Regards,

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

stevelup wrote:
. wrote:
I've been given one which won't start up, blank display. the manual
says check the power supply, fuse etc and I've done that.

If it is completely dead, it should be pretty easy to diagnose - almost
certainly a power supply fault.

it's a 4 year old machine which cost c£700 when the MD of a MAJOR
multinational had a bit of a hissy fit at the lack of coffee and called
gaggia in to supply a coffee machine. it died and was 'raffled' off F.O.C

the winner of the raffle couldn't get into it to see of there was an internal
fuse so he gave it to me. I had the top off it in 5 mins, found the fuse
and ham fistedly broke the bugger when I extracted it :-(

turns out the internals of the 8A slow blow fuse was intact and a
replacement is only £1.98 from maplin but at leats I know.

In the event that you can't fix it, I wouldn't recommend taking it
anywhere. Call Gaggia in Huddersfield and arrange to send it to them
for repair. They only charge for parts and carriage no matter how old
the machine is - you will probably get it back in a couple of days.

that's what I'm trying to arrange but I'd like to know the cost of
carriage vs the cost of diesel, it's probably cheaper for me to
run it up there myself.

If you do get it working, the other thing you should know is that the
brewgroup has a lifetime guarantee - so if it is sticky or noisy, just
send it (the brewgroup) back and they will refurbish it FOC.

Regards,

Steve

Steve, you're a diamond. that's for that nugget :-)