DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Coffee pot repair (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/336032-coffee-pot-repair.html)

Steve B[_13_] February 19th 12 05:22 PM

Coffee pot repair

I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for $10.
It is a $300 machine. Don't you know, it don't work. I have downloaded the
stuff, but can't figure it out. Anyone have one of these? I know a guy who
is really good in electronics that I will probably end up taking it to, but
would like to fix it myself first for free.

Heats up, makes steam, heater gets hot, pump pumps, but no water comes
through drip head.

Help appreciated.

JIMMIE February 19th 12 07:59 PM

Coffee pot repair

On Feb 19, 12:22*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for $10..
It is a $300 machine. *Don't you know, it don't work. *I have downloaded the
stuff, but can't figure it out. *Anyone have one of these? *I know a guy who
is really good in electronics that I will probably end up taking it to, but
would like to fix it myself first for free.

Heats up, makes steam, heater gets hot, pump pumps, but no water comes
through drip head.

Help appreciated.

Just a guess, bad pump impeller.

Jimmie

JIMMIE February 19th 12 08:01 PM

Coffee pot repair

On Feb 19, 12:22*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for $10..
It is a $300 machine. *Don't you know, it don't work. *I have downloaded the
stuff, but can't figure it out. *Anyone have one of these? *I know a guy who
is really good in electronics that I will probably end up taking it to, but
would like to fix it myself first for free.

Heats up, makes steam, heater gets hot, pump pumps, but no water comes
through drip head.

Help appreciated.

Link to the "stuff" appreciated.

Mr. Austerity February 19th 12 08:17 PM

Coffee pot repair

Steve B wrote:
I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for $10.
It is a $300 machine. Don't you know, it don't work. I have downloaded the
stuff, but can't figure it out. Anyone have one of these? I know a guy who
is really good in electronics that I will probably end up taking it to, but
would like to fix it myself first for free.

Heats up, makes steam, heater gets hot, pump pumps, but no water comes
through drip head.

Help appreciated.

Youtube, Go for it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0vZhzH-5X4

DD_BobK February 19th 12 08:42 PM

Coffee pot repair

On Feb 19, 9:22*am, "Steve B" wrote:
I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for $10..
It is a $300 machine. *Don't you know, it don't work. *I have downloaded the
stuff, but can't figure it out. *Anyone have one of these? *I know a guy who
is really good in electronics that I will probably end up taking it to, but
would like to fix it myself first for free.

Heats up, makes steam, heater gets hot, pump pumps, but no water comes
through drip head.

Help appreciated.

Here's a link to a discussion.... maybe the pump just needs to be
primed?

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/528993

cheers
Bob

Steve B[_13_] February 20th 12 03:59 AM

Coffee pot repair

"Mr. Austerity" "PrintMo.Money " wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for
$10. It is a $300 machine. Don't you know, it don't work. I have
downloaded the stuff, but can't figure it out. Anyone have one of these?
I know a guy who is really good in electronics that I will probably end
up taking it to, but would like to fix it myself first for free.

Heats up, makes steam, heater gets hot, pump pumps, but no water comes
through drip head.

Help appreciated.

Youtube, Go for it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0vZhzH-5X4