Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ikea Faucet adapter required

Recently purchased an Ikea faucet. After purchase I discovered that the
hookup hoses use a 1/2" FIP nut with a flat washer. The instructions show an
adapter that is needed to prevent leaks.
(see page 8 of installation instructions)
http://www.ikea.com/assembly_instruc...C0C403_PUB.PDF

They tell me to go to any local hardware store IE lowes, HD, Ace and
purchase it. I have taken the hose to all of them and also to several
plumbing supply stores with no success. None of them have idea where to
purchase the shown adapter.
Anyone have any suggestions as to where to get one?

Thanks,

Roanin

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"Roanin" wrote in
:

Recently purchased an Ikea faucet. After purchase I discovered that
the hookup hoses use a 1/2" FIP nut with a flat washer. The
instructions show an adapter that is needed to prevent leaks.
(see page 8 of installation instructions)
http://www.ikea.com/assembly_instruc...sin-mixer-tap-
with-strainer-na__C0C403_PUB.PDF

They tell me to go to any local hardware store IE lowes, HD, Ace and
purchase it. I have taken the hose to all of them and also to several
plumbing supply stores with no success. None of them have idea where
to purchase the shown adapter.
Anyone have any suggestions as to where to get one?

Thanks,

Roanin

My son's plumber went to a hardware store and got "stuff" as I'm told
right now by them (son and wife are visiting with 2 kids HURRAY!!)

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

Roanin,

I don't see any "adapters" on pg. 8. There does seem to be a warning
about using the wrong male connectors .You want MIP fittings to match your
FIP fittings.
Am I on the wrong page?

Dave M

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dave M." wrote in message
Roanin,

I don't see any "adapters" on pg. 8. There does seem to be a warning
about using the wrong male connectors .You want MIP fittings to match your
FIP fittings.
Am I on the wrong page?

Dave M

If you look at the pictures on the right lower part of the page is shows the
correct MIP nipple and the wrong one. If you use the normal MIP nipple, it
will cut the washer and leak. The wrong one is easy to find. The correct one
has a bit of a flat surface for the flat washer to seal against much like a
hose washer. I have been unable to find the correct one and of course, IKEA
is no help at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

(see page 8 of installation instructions)http://www.ikea.com/assembly_instruc...basin-mixer-ta...

They tell me to go to any local hardware store IE lowes, HD, Ace and
purchase it. I have taken the hose to all of them and also to several
plumbing supply stores with no success. None of them have idea where to
purchase the shown adapter.
Anyone have any suggestions as to where to get one?

Thanks,

Roanin

Take the incorrect fitting to any machine shop and have the end turned
flat. It's not critical. Just needs to be flat and smooth. Ask around
if any of your friends has a nice old lathe for a 5 minute job.

Joe

Joe