Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Ridgid 300 pipe threader has a lot of axial play in the spindle

I have a Ridgid 300 pipe threader, that happens to have a lot of axial
(longitudinal) play in the spindle. I can move the
spindle forward and back by perhaps 1/8 inches.

Would anyone have any idea as to what may cause that condition. Is
that abnormal or not.

Thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Ignoramus6049 wrote:
I have a Ridgid 300 pipe threader, that happens to have a lot of axial
(longitudinal) play in the spindle. I can move the
spindle forward and back by perhaps 1/8 inches.

Would anyone have any idea as to what may cause that condition. Is
that abnormal or not.

Thanks

Sounds like a bit much. You should be able to adjust the thrust collar
up to take the play out assuming the bearing thrust faces are OK.
Rigid has parts manuals and owners manuals online.

--
Steve W.

Oiler does not work in Ridgid 535 pipe threader Ignoramus7432 Home Repair 11 November 10th 19 11:53 PM
ridgid 13" planer -- play in the height wheel when locked? TheKeith Woodworking 4 November 9th 05 02:08 AM
Just got my new Ridgid belt spindle sander in! mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net Woodworking 1 September 11th 05 07:43 PM
Pipe Threader mike Home Repair 19 March 24th 05 02:39 AM
Whitney Punch NO 24 Spindle Play Dr Jimmy Metalworking 1 October 29th 03 01:36 AM