Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HELP: stump removal

I've posted several times before on this problem.

I had a black acacia tree ~16 in diameter. I pruned it heavily ~7
yrs ago and it sent up HUNDREDS of root suckers every year. About
1-1/2 years ago I took it down completely, leaving a stump ~10 inches
above grade.

More suckers. LOTS of suckers. It's ruined my lawn and garden.
Round-up weakens the foliage but won't kill them. I finally used
Ortho "Poison ivy & Tough Brush Killer" late last year. It seemed to
kill them but we'll see if they come back.

'k, here's the Q: I got a powder stump killer. Directions say to
drill 1" holes all over. I got a 1" bit and it won't go in even an
inch (wood too hard, even after 1-1/2 yrs). So I tried a 1/2 in bit.
After 3 holes to 10 inches it broke off.

Any ideas how to killthis stump and stop the suckers?

Thanks a heap,
-Zz
"Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm

Stump removal w Hammer Drill [email protected] Home Repair 36 October 25th 19 02:44 AM
Can this really work? - Stump Removal Bill Stock Home Repair 17 May 1st 07 02:13 PM
"Easy" (haha) stump removal? trader-of-some-jacks Home Repair 24 May 16th 05 01:34 PM
Stump Removal Bob Simon Home Repair 2 April 11th 05 12:09 AM
Tree stump removal Brian UK diy 46 April 6th 04 12:57 PM