Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How deep to make foundation on the Moon

When Newt Gingrich becomes president, I plan to build a house on the
moon. I'm making plans now. How deep into the earth should I put the
foundation? Errrrr. wait a minute, that should read "How deep into the
*MOON* should I put the foundation"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 29, 9:44*am, Bernie Ward bernie.ward@hotmail wrote:
On 1/29/2012 9:49 AM, wrote:

When Newt Gingrich becomes president, I plan to build a house on the
moon. *I'm making plans now. *How deep into the earth should I put the
foundation? *Errrrr. wait a minute, that should read "How deep into the
*MOON* should I put the foundation"?

At least 6 inches below the frost line

Does it frost on the Moon?

-C-
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2012 9:49 AM, wrote:

When Newt Gingrich becomes president, I plan to build a house on the
moon. *I'm making plans now. *How deep into the earth should I put the
foundation? *Errrrr. wait a minute, that should read "How deep into the
*MOON* should I put the foundation"?

At least 6 inches below the frost line

Does it frost on the Moon?

-C-

Since by the word frost they mean freezing of water then it would
probably have to be at least half a mile down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

writes:

When Newt Gingrich becomes president, I plan to build a house on the
moon. I'm making plans now. How deep into the earth should I put the
foundation? Errrrr. wait a minute, that should read "How deep into the
*MOON* should I put the foundation"?

Good job, just caused me to read one of those scientific papers filled
with formulas and lunar landing measurements.

The good news is you can build a basement, there is no flooding so
you don't need to build on a slab.

The bad news is that building on or near the surface will kill you
there is way too much radiation.

First I tried to get an idea about whether the moon has a radioactive
core which would lead to rising temperatures as you dig down.

There's no evidence for a molten interior but some of the landing sites
showed surface variation in temperature based on the presence of
thorium. That's good because thorium will heat the rocks and the
effect increases with depth.

Making some really wild guesses the article estimates that at 60Km
the temperature would be 1200C (2000F). That's near the temperature
of a lit match. So don't dig that deep.

My guess is that around 3K you'd be getting close to temperatures
that humans could survive and farm. So bring a big shovel and plan
to dig at least a few kilometers down. You won't really need a
traditional foundation, just drive some rebar into the rocks and
cement in place.

Even at that depth, the moon won't hold an atmosphere so you're
going to need an airtight roof. I'd bring along some of those
light pipes where you collect sunlight on the roof and then direct
it down to the living area.

Or you could bring a few cases of those 100W incandescents.
Then you could maybe did a few inches less deep and forget about
seeing the sun.

Don't worry about building codes. It's the moon, anything goes.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

Also depends if it's on the American section, or the Russian section of the
moon. Russian side requires bribes.

Local code inspector will know how deep is the frost line.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Red Green" wrote in message

At least 6 inches below the frost line

Cite???!!! How can you say that? It's up to the Local Authority inspector.

Posted to alt.home.repair

For years, NASA has been able to do whatever it wants, essentially
thumbing it's nose at OSHA. But now, private enterprise will be building
and operating spacecraft.

Will corporations be able to build spacecraft that will meet all the ADA
and OSHA safety regulations yet still be light enough to climb into orbit?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lets see, wheel chair ramps, and handicap accessable toilets (several per
rocket) and a fire alarm system with strobes, klaxon, bed shakers. Exit
lights with two hour battery back up. Showers with handicap access low
threshhold, and.....

Heck, no, the rocket will weigh more than the World Trade Center.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Moe Gasser" wrote in message
For years, NASA has been able to do whatever it wants, essentially
thumbing it's nose at OSHA. But now, private enterprise will be building
and operating spacecraft.

Will corporations be able to build spacecraft that will meet all the ADA
and OSHA safety regulations yet still be light enough to climb into orbit?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2012 9:49 AM, wrote:

When Newt Gingrich becomes president, I plan to build a house on the
moon. I'm making plans now. How deep into the earth should I put the
foundation? Errrrr. wait a minute, that should read "How deep into the
*MOON* should I put the foundation"?

At least 6 inches below the frost line

Does it frost on the Moon?

-C-

Anybody who plans to live had better hope it does.
Otherwise they're gonna get mighty thirsty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Better plan on bringing some oxygen, also.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"mike" wrote in message

Anybody who plans to live had better hope it does.
Otherwise they're gonna get mighty thirsty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

wrote in message

Anybody who plans to live had better hope it does.
Otherwise they're gonna get mighty thirsty.

If you got water, you got oxygen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2012 3:01 PM, Moe Gasser wrote:
For years, NASA has been able to do whatever it wants, essentially
thumbing it's nose at OSHA. But now, private enterprise will be building
and operating spacecraft.

Will corporations be able to build spacecraft that will meet all the ADA
and OSHA safety regulations yet still be light enough to climb into orbit?

Does anyone produce a low aerodynamic drag wheelchair ramp? o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Only if you can separate it from the hydrogen.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"mike" wrote in message
On 1/29/2012 7:48 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Better plan on bringing some oxygen, also.

If you got water, you got oxygen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:41:11 -0600, JimT wrote:

Obambo, wielding and firing his M60 machine gun with one hand while
jumping from his UH-60 Black Hawk, gunned down the terrorist and ran
upstairs in the secret compound where Osama bin Laden cowered in his
bedroom. Obambo shot OBL in the head as the evil doer raised his AK-47
assault rifle in a futile attempt to fight off the unstoppable Obambo.
Obambo, hero to the world. ^_^

TDD

Yeah, Bush taking a crap in tora bora prolonging the war for his neocon
buddies. Sounds like you got it right.

No comparison. Those needing instant killin' in Tora Bora started
asking for a cease fire. They should have ALL been killed when they
were on the run. OBL got away, at least in my mind. BHO deserves
credit for "pulling the trigger" on OBL. I give him that.

BHO has never been on a Black Hawk 'copter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Lets see, wheel chair ramps, and handicap accessable toilets (several
per rocket) and a fire alarm system with strobes, klaxon, bed shakers.
Exit lights with two hour battery back up. Showers with handicap
access low threshhold, and.....

My God Stormy! Thank you, thank you, thank you for noting this. Someone
might get Ohfeeeeeeeeended!

"Moe Gasser" wrote in message
For years, NASA has been able to do whatever it wants, essentially
thumbing it's nose at OSHA. But now, private enterprise will be
building and operating spacecraft.

Will corporations be able to build spacecraft that will meet all the
ADA and OSHA safety regulations yet still be light enough to climb
into orbit?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/30/2012 4:15 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:41:11 -0600, wrote:

Obambo, wielding and firing his M60 machine gun with one hand while
jumping from his UH-60 Black Hawk, gunned down the terrorist and ran
upstairs in the secret compound where Osama bin Laden cowered in his
bedroom. Obambo shot OBL in the head as the evil doer raised his AK-47
assault rifle in a futile attempt to fight off the unstoppable Obambo.
Obambo, hero to the world. ^_^

TDD

Yeah, Bush taking a crap in tora bora prolonging the war for his neocon
buddies. Sounds like you got it right.

No comparison. Those needing instant killin' in Tora Bora started
asking for a cease fire. They should have ALL been killed when they
were on the run. OBL got away, at least in my mind. BHO deserves
credit for "pulling the trigger" on OBL. I give him that.

BHO has never been on a Black Hawk 'copter.

I had to laugh when, I think it was, The History Chanel did a show on
The President's helicopter, Marine One, referring to it as a Black Hawk.
There is a Presidential "White Hawk" or two but the chopper we see
the most is the old VH-3D Sea King. They were supposed to be retired and
replaced with the Lockheed Martin VH-71 Kestrel. In June 2009, the U.S.
Navy terminated the contract and said remaining funds would be spent to
upgrade to the existing Presidential fleet of VH-3D and VH-60N
helicopters. The VH-60N is called the "White Hawk" which is based on the
Black Hawk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_One

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 17:24:09 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[...]

Did you see the in Hawk hoax -

_Farmer convicted in hawk hoax_

"New Zealand farmer Grant Michael Teahan was arrested in a bizarre
case in which he was caught spray painting hawks as a hoax to make
local bird watchers think they had discovered a new species. "

http://www.examiner.com/pets-in-hartford/farmer-convicted-hawk-hoax

Posted to alt.home.repair

Signage, bilingual English and Spanish, too. So the dozen or so illegal
immigrants stowed away will know which is a toilet, and which is a shower.
And, a bank so they can all cash their multiple welfare checks. Got to have
a bank. Emergency ER room, and a pawn shop so they can pawn the $4,723.57
brass toilet seats they will end up stealing. Oh, gosh, now I've offended
them. Illegal immigrants don't steal. Sorry. Nevermind.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Red Green" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Lets see, wheel chair ramps, and handicap accessable toilets (several
per rocket) and a fire alarm system with strobes, klaxon, bed shakers.
Exit lights with two hour battery back up. Showers with handicap
access low threshhold, and.....

My God Stormy! Thank you, thank you, thank you for noting this. Someone
might get Ohfeeeeeeeeended!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Is Marine One, now the Half-Black Hawk?

The Post-Racial helecopter that was all Bush's fault.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

BHO has never been on a Black Hawk 'copter.

I had to laugh when, I think it was, The History Chanel did a show on
The President's helicopter, Marine One, referring to it as a Black Hawk.
There is a Presidential "White Hawk" or two but the chopper we see
the most is the old VH-3D Sea King. They were supposed to be retired and
replaced with the Lockheed Martin VH-71 Kestrel. In June 2009, the U.S.
Navy terminated the contract and said remaining funds would be spent to
upgrade to the existing Presidential fleet of VH-3D and VH-60N
helicopters. The VH-60N is called the "White Hawk" which is based on the
Black Hawk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_One

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wouldn't Obambo figure out that was a Muslim king, and bow down to him?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Obambo, wielding and firing his M60 machine gun with one hand while
jumping from his UH-60 Black Hawk, gunned down the terrorist and ran
upstairs in the secret compound where Osama bin Laden cowered in his
bedroom. Obambo shot OBL in the head as the evil doer raised his AK-47
assault rifle in a futile attempt to fight off the unstoppable Obambo.
Obambo, hero to the world. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pink. How fitting, for our current C in C.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Oren" wrote in message

Did you see the in Hawk hoax -

_Farmer convicted in hawk hoax_

"New Zealand farmer Grant Michael Teahan was arrested in a bizarre
case in which he was caught spray painting hawks as a hoax to make
local bird watchers think they had discovered a new species. "

http://www.examiner.com/pets-in-hartford/farmer-convicted-hawk-hoax

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren writes:

[...]

Not yet. He throws 3 pointers like a pro, snatches flies out of the
air, and kills terrorists with the power of his mind. When he needs
to pilot the Black Hawk to escape the invaders from Mars, I have no
doubt he'll pull it off. I think Michelle will figure out how to
fire the mini-gun just in time to save the USA.

Yeah, my team!

--
Dan Espen

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

How did the authorities get the birds to sign a complaint? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

My favorite animal panting was from the zoo in Lebanon that displayed a
donkey painted like a zebra. o_O

TDD

Moon Disks Tim Wescott Metalworking 19 November 20th 11 01:15 AM
Make A Wish Foundation (fwd) [email protected] Home Ownership 1 July 15th 09 01:57 PM
OT - No Moon Landing after all? Barney-Killer Metalworking 25 September 1st 05 11:43 AM
how to make deep drilling tool? Håken Metalworking 25 February 12th 05 01:21 PM