Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Joke: This explains it

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the engine of a Harley Davidson
motorcycle when he spotted a well-known heart surgeon in his shop..

The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey, Doc, can I ask you a
question?"

The surgeon a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the
motorcycle.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So Doc,
look at this engine. I open its heart, take the valves out, fix 'em, put 'em
back in, And when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a
small salary And you get the really big bucks, when you and I are doing
basically the same work?"

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic...
"Try doing it with the engine running."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/20/2012 3:46 PM, HeyBub wrote:
A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the engine of a Harley Davidson
motorcycle when he spotted a well-known heart surgeon in his shop..

The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey, Doc, can I ask you a
question?"

The surgeon a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the
motorcycle.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So Doc,
look at this engine. I open its heart, take the valves out, fix 'em, put 'em
back in, And when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a
small salary And you get the really big bucks, when you and I are doing
basically the same work?"

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic...
"Try doing it with the engine running."

Hummm, I thought heart surgeons stopped the patient's heart after
hooking them up to a heart/lung machine? o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default This explains it

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the engine of a Harley
Davidson motorcycle when he spotted a well-known heart surgeon in his
shop..
The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey, Doc, can I ask you a
question?"

The surgeon a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on
the motorcycle.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So
Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take the valves out, fix
'em, put 'em back in, And when I finish, it works just like new. So
how come I get such a small salary And you get the really big bucks,
when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the
mechanic... "Try doing it with the engine running."

or

One day, a painter found himself short of help and went to the
unemployment office to hire someone for the day. When he arrived, they
didn't have any painters available, but they did have a gynecologist
there. He reluctantly took him along to help.

A couple of weeks later, the painter returned to the unemployment
office
needing temporary help again. This time there were two painters there,
but instead he asked for the gynecologist again. The clerk asked, "Why
do you want a gynecologist when we have two professional painters you
can take right now?" He said, "Two weeks ago when I hired the
gynecologist, we arrived at the house and it was locked with nobody
home. But I'll be damned if that gynecologist didn't stick his hand
through the mail slot and paint the whole house!!"

eg

Posted to alt.home.repair

ChairMan wrote:
[...]

Could be the gynecologist was retired but "still liked to keep his hand in."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 23:50:02 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic...
"Try doing it with the engine running."

Hummm, I thought heart surgeons stopped the patient's heart after
hooking them up to a heart/lung machine? o_O

TDD

Depends on what they are doing. My wife had a procedure done last
year and they just put here under and used a catheter. Six hour job.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic...
"Try doing it with the engine running."

Hummm, I thought heart surgeons stopped the patient's heart after
hooking them up to a heart/lung machine? o_O

TDD

Depends on what they are doing. My wife had a procedure done last
year and they just put here under and used a catheter. Six hour job.

Six hours at auto mechanic's rates?!! Yikes!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic...
"Try doing it with the engine running."

Hummm, I thought heart surgeons stopped the patient's heart after
hooking them up to a heart/lung machine? o_O

TDD

Depends on what they are doing. My wife had a procedure done last
year and they just put here under and used a catheter. Six hour job.

Six hours at auto mechanic's rates?!! Yikes!

In some media in recent days there was a report that during a
transplant, the heart was dropped on the floor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic...
"Try doing it with the engine running."

Hummm, I thought heart surgeons stopped the patient's heart after
hooking them up to a heart/lung machine? o_O

TDD

Depends on what they are doing. My wife had a procedure done last
year and they just put here under and used a catheter. Six hour job.

Six hours at auto mechanic's rates?!! Yikes!

In some media in recent days there was a report that during a
transplant, the heart was dropped on the floor.

Whole new meaning to having your heart broken.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic...
"Try doing it with the engine running."

Hummm, I thought heart surgeons stopped the patient's heart after
hooking them up to a heart/lung machine? o_O

TDD

Depends on what they are doing. My wife had a procedure done last
year and they just put here under and used a catheter. Six hour job.

Was she getting a valve job? ^_^

TDD