Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Concrete bench

I saw a bench where the legs were concrete. Does anyone know
where I can find instructions for making forms for such a bench.

rec.home.repair is the best newsgroup on USENET.

Dick
--
Richard D. Adams, CPA (Retired)
Moderator: misc.taxes.moderated
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 19:01:16 +0000 (UTC), (Dick
Adams) wrote:

I saw a bench where the legs were concrete. Does anyone know
where I can find instructions for making forms for such a bench.

Don tucker has a blog and forum where several concrete workers hang
out and he contributes from time to time. This is one of his
concrete benches;
http://www.makersgallery.com/concrete/gg-tucker.html

He's got some even more impressive ones but this was the first one I
hit on Google.

Find his forum & read up on all the different ways you can make forms
or freehand concrete. the sky is the limit.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote the following:
I saw a bench where the legs were concrete. Does anyone know
where I can find instructions for making forms for such a bench.

rec.home.repair is the best newsgroup on USENET.

Dick
--
Richard D. Adams, CPA (Retired)
Moderator: misc.taxes.moderated
and misc.legal.moderated

I found this set of plans by googling - concrete bench end plans
http://www.renovation-headquarters.c...hes-garden.htm
Feel free to continue the google search for more.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

I found this set of plans by googling *- concrete bench end planshttp://www.renovation-headquarters.com/benches-garden.htm
Feel free to continue the google search for more.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

I'd put this in the 'life is too short' category, unless I just wanted
a special style or the feeling of accomplishment. Local concrete
products place will have the precast stuff in stock, stronger than you
can make with home-made forms, and with a smoother finish.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote the following:
[...]

Yep, I found those in my search, but he asked for instructions on how to
make the forms. If he had added "...or where to buy them", I would have
provided a search link for those too.
You should have responded to him rather than me.

--
aem sends...