Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hardwood floor -- cost effective alternatives to poly?

On Dec 20, 4:00*pm, Davej wrote:
If I put down standard poly is there a non-toxic oil that could be
used to hide scratches? Or is there a non-toxic oil I could use on the
whole floor as an alternative to poly? I had a small section that I
refinished with BLO, but the darn dog licks the floor, and BLO is
toxic. Thanks.

Use poly and chase scratches with wiping poly. Actually our floor is
factory finished but our staircase was stained to match and finished
with three coats of poly. From what we see it will be some time
before we need to worry much about repair but wiping poly will be the
solution.

BLO is not durable enough for a long-term floor finish.

RonB