Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hardwood floor -- cost effective alternatives to poly?

On Dec 20, 4:00*pm, Davej wrote:
If I put down standard poly is there a non-toxic oil that could be
used to hide scratches? Or is there a non-toxic oil I could use on the
whole floor as an alternative to poly? I had a small section that I
refinished with BLO, but the darn dog licks the floor, and BLO is
toxic. Thanks.

What is BLO?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hmm. Didn't know that about non toxic. I saw the aconym, and for a moment I
thought it was BHO. silly me. BHO is a politician, not a painter.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"chaniarts" wrote in message
whole floor as an alternative to poly? I had a small section that I
refinished with BLO, but the darn dog licks the floor, and BLO is
toxic. Thanks.

What is BLO?

boiled linseed oil, which is non-toxic when fully polymerized

Posted to alt.home.repair

What is BLO?

boiled linseed oil, which is non-toxic when fully polymerized

Do they boil the oil, or do they boil the linseed seeds?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 13:47:30 -0800 (PST), wrote:

What is BLO?

boiled linseed oil, which is non-toxic when fully polymerized

Do they boil the oil, or do they boil the linseed seeds?

Neither, actually. It is a term used when they add driers and/or
other chemicals.