Gord

Default Hardwood floor installation cost

What is the average pricing for installation of hardwood floors (labour cost
only) in Ottawa, Canada?

Thanks.

m Ransley

Stain, none, one coat or 2, finish coat 3-5 or 6. Water base high gloss
or buffed or satin, Oil base high gloss or satin Large rooms or small.
Best is get a quality installer and bids.

Gord

I would like to have pre-finished hardwood floors installed. Just the floor
installation. No need to remove the carpet, level the floor, etc. The
floor is ready.
I have 260 sq. ft for living and dinning room; 110 sq ft for hall way and
foyer (irregular shape).

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Stain, none, one coat or 2, finish coat 3-5 or 6. Water base high gloss
or buffed or satin, Oil base high gloss or satin Large rooms or small.
Best is get a quality installer and bids.

Red Neckerson

"Gord" wrote in message
What is the average pricing for installation of hardwood floors (labour
cost
only) in Ottawa, Canada?

Two words:

Arm
Leg

Thanks.

Yer welcome, eh?

Alan

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:58:41 -0500, "Gord"
wrote:

I would like to have pre-finished hardwood floors installed. Just the floor
installation. No need to remove the carpet, level the floor, etc. The
floor is ready.
I have 260 sq. ft for living and dinning room; 110 sq ft for hall way and
foyer (irregular shape).

If you read up on it, you might decide that you can do it yourself,
with the only cost being to rent the tools. As far as do-it-yourself
jobs go, it is one of the easier ones.
If I recall correctly, a few years ago it was $1.75/sq. ft. in S.
Ontario.

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Stain, none, one coat or 2, finish coat 3-5 or 6. Water base high gloss
or buffed or satin, Oil base high gloss or satin Large rooms or small.
Best is get a quality installer and bids.

Kyle Boatright

"Gord" wrote in message
What is the average pricing for installation of hardwood floors (labour
cost
only) in Ottawa, Canada?

Thanks.

No idea about pricing in Canada, but here in Atlanta, a good price for
installing and finishing a solid oak floor is ~$6.25/sf. Unless you find a
real deal, you won't same much money going the DIY route on prefinished
solid flooring (I think finishing unfinished floors is more than most
amateurs want to tackle). Most of the local big box operations sell solid
prefinished wood for $5-$6/sf, then you have to figure in waste, tool
rental, and time. If you want someone else to install it, the cost will be
~$1 to $1.50/sf, depending on installation method. If you're talking
engineered floors or laminates, you can buy that material for $2-$4/sf, and
could get someone to install it for $1 - $1.50.

HeatMan

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message

"Gord" wrote in message
[...]

I installed some prefinished hardwood several years ago. I used a trim
nailer and a hand miter box. It was not real easy cutting the hardwood with
the hand saw, but I did get it done and it looked okay.

The problem we had was there was chamfered grooves along each side of the
pre finished strips. These strips sometimes would catch dirt and mud and
you'd have to almost get on your hands and knees to scrub the dirt out.

We ended ripping it up and replacing it with professionally installed
hardwood with 3 coats of poly.