Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Generator noise examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=Uae4l1lNuYc
Excellent Honda comparison, with lotsa numbers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5nYu...eature=related husky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCT6J...eature=related better husky
vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=T5V_MU2SxQA muffler
don't help much here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=JeV0zH-zD_o this
muffler helped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hpvc...eature=related Aurora diesel,
pretty quiet.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=XX2xvGYn5ao generator in a box....
big diff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmhDD...eature=related Harbor
Freight -- heh, gauges I can relate to, certainly not quiet, but 6500 W for
$650.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paCBA...eature=related Honda
EU3000.... wow.... 2800 W, $2K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_DRM...eature=related Generac Guardian
14kW, no peach noise-wise. Heh, watch the gas meter.... LOL

Heh, Trader's idea certainly had boucou merit (convert cheap gasoline unit
to nat gas), but even with HD's lower-priced 5,000 W B&S unit, plus
conversion, plus noise, plus screw-up factor, ahm thinkin to just take my
chances with the $1800 generac, all set up, with the bells&whistles -- heh,
and guarantee.... LOL

We'll see what happens.
Of course, you know, if I buy this generator, I will never ever lose power.
If I don't buy it, my power is guar-own-teed to go out. I learnt this from
my snow blower.
So I guess it makes sense to buy it, eh? LOL
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Of course, you know, if I buy this generator, I will never ever lose
power.
If I don't buy it, my power is guar-own-teed to go out. I learnt this
from my snow blower.
So I guess it makes sense to buy it, eh? LOL
--
EA

The power will go out, the generator won't start, and you won't have enough
light to work on it.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Of course, you know, if I buy this generator, I will never ever lose
power.
If I don't buy it, my power is guar-own-teed to go out. I learnt this
from my snow blower.
So I guess it makes sense to buy it, eh? LOL
--
EA

The power will go out, the generator won't start, and you won't have
enough light to work on it.

Yup.
As with the snow blowers. Except, in that case, the snow was just too deep
to get to the snow blower, but that was moot, since it wadn't gonna work
anyway, and my hands were too frozen to mess around.....

Seriously, I gave up on snow blowers, and just consider shoveling the day's
exercise. Fugit.
That's the nice thing about nat gas, as well: start-up reliability..... or
so I think.
One of the conversion kit sites had about 10 good reasons for converting....
the 11th being their bottom line, of course.
--
EA

jsw