Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default Tappan Convection oven repair?

It came with the house so is around 25 years old, and a very good
oven. Around 7 or 8 years ago the oven started failing and it was the
igniter or thermocouple I think. It seems to be failing again, taking
longer to turn on, as long as 30 seconds. Experience tells me that it
isn't going to get

II see a few things on Ehow about replacing an igniter, but not for a
convection oven. I thinking that maybe this is just best to call a
local appliance guy rather than try to track down the right part and
figure out how to get it in there.

I'd appreciate if anyone with experience with this type of oven could
comment on whether it is a do-it-yourself type thing or how much it
should cost if done by a pro. I'm reasonably handy and can change a
thermocouple on my boiler but that's out in the open. I haven't opened
up a stove yet and with the blower and such, this is clearly more
complicated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 19, 10:56*am, dgk wrote:
[...]

One tip I've found that's useful is to go to the online parts shops.
While they don't tell you how to do it, most of them have exploded
parts diagrams that can give you insight into
how the thing is put together, comes apart, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wish I was more help. I've never worked on a unit such as this. Sorry.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"dgk" wrote in message
[...]

Tappan Convection Oven [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 18th 06 09:01 PM
tappan gas oven problem dickknox Home Repair 1 October 14th 05 02:09 PM
Tappan Oven Door Counterweight Repair Rob Home Repair 0 September 28th 04 03:45 PM
Old Tappan Oven Question. PC Home Repair 4 August 23rd 04 02:53 AM
Removing Convection feature of convection oven Jack Home Repair 5 August 17th 04 02:12 PM