Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is it possible to use a soldered together nipple to mount a tub downspout?

Hi all:

I'm facing a situation where no "standard" nipple will work; either
too short or too long. I can make a soldered-together nipple that
would be of the right length, but I'm concerned that the act of
screwing parts together could end up breaking the soldered joints.
So, the question:

"Can you use a soldered custom length nipple to mount a tub
downspout?"

If the answer is "no", are there other approaches to this problem?
Perhaps an escutcheon plate to take up the space left by a too-long
nipple?

Thanks.

Tom Young