Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Decent kitchen sink

Looking at drop in kitchen sinks, the 33"x22", in the $250-350 range. The
one I have now is a double, deep bowl type, ran around $100, yrs ago. My
complaint about it is using a long neck faucet, the sink flexes where the
faucet fastens. I'm sure it's cause the S/S is of thinner gauge. But, I
very well could be wrong.

I like the deep bowl, being stainless isn't a must. Have read reviews until
my eyes hurt. People seem to think the product should look like new, even
after years of use. My expectations are not that high. Just something
durable. I'm planning on having the soap dispenser as I have now, seems as
if it's a useful feature.

Any recommendations?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 1, 12:09*pm, "Curt" wrote:
Looking at drop in kitchen sinks, the 33"x22", *in the $250-350 range. The
one I have now is a double, deep bowl type, ran around $100, yrs ago. *My
complaint about it is using a long neck faucet, the sink flexes where the
faucet fastens. I'm sure it's cause the S/S is of thinner gauge. But, I
very well could be wrong.

I like the deep bowl, being stainless isn't a must. Have read reviews until
my eyes hurt. People seem to think the product should look like new, even
after years of use. My expectations are not that high. Just something
durable. I'm planning on having the soap dispenser as I have now, seems as
if it's a useful feature.

Any recommendations?

Koler makes nice heavy gauge SS sinks. That's what is going into our
remodel. Had the same trouble with thin stuff that you had, faucet
flex, somewhat fixed by adding some .060" sheet SS underneath the
faucet mount area with additional bracing. Adequate, not great.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Curt" wrote in message

Any recommendations?

A single large sink which your largest turkey roasting pan will fit
into.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 13:09:08 -0500, "Curt" wrote:

Looking at drop in kitchen sinks, the 33"x22", in the $250-350 range. The
one I have now is a double, deep bowl type, ran around $100, yrs ago. My
complaint about it is using a long neck faucet, the sink flexes where the
faucet fastens. I'm sure it's cause the S/S is of thinner gauge. But, I
very well could be wrong.

I like the deep bowl, being stainless isn't a must. Have read reviews until
my eyes hurt. People seem to think the product should look like new, even
after years of use. My expectations are not that high. Just something
durable. I'm planning on having the soap dispenser as I have now, seems as
if it's a useful feature.

Any recommendations?

Mirolin Mirstone - it definitely will not flex!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2011 5:15 PM, Bill wrote:
"Curt" wrote in message

Any recommendations?

A single large sink which your largest turkey roasting pan will fit into.

I second that. We just built a new kitchen and have a Frankie composite
sink. It looks like dark granite, is sturdy and cleans very easily.
I'd do it again. BTW, got it at Lowe's.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Curt wrote:
Looking at drop in kitchen sinks, the 33"x22", in the $250-350
range. The one I have now is a double, deep bowl type, ran around
$100, yrs ago. My complaint about it is using a long neck faucet,
the sink flexes where the faucet fastens. I'm sure it's cause the S/S
is of thinner gauge. But, I very well could be wrong.

I like the deep bowl, being stainless isn't a must. Have read reviews
until my eyes hurt. People seem to think the product should look like
new, even after years of use. My expectations are not that high. Just
something durable. I'm planning on having the soap dispenser as I
have now, seems as if it's a useful feature.

Any recommendations?

1. Porcelain on cast iron - CAST iron, not steel - won't flex. Heavy gauge
SS shouldn't either.

2. Avoid acrylic or anything with acrylic in it.

3. It's your dime but I prefer one large sink to a divided one.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 2, 7:40*am, "dadiOH" wrote:
Curt wrote:
[...]

Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

I got a Kohler cast iron one a few years ago. Very happy with it.
Some features I like:

Two bowls with one very deep and larger than the other one.
Split is maybe 60/40. Avoid the sinks that have one small
bowl meant for the disposal. IMO they are useless. I want
the disposal on the main bowl.

Get a design with a single hole faucet where the divider is.
That allows the sink bowls to extend further back into the
area where the faucets would be, giving you larger bowls.

Undermount is best provided your counters accomodate it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
On 12/1/2011 5:15 PM, Bill wrote:
"Curt" wrote in message

Any recommendations?

A single large sink which your largest turkey roasting pan will fit into.

I second that. We just built a new kitchen and have a Frankie composite
sink. It looks like dark granite, is sturdy and cleans very easily. I'd
do it again. BTW, got it at Lowe's.

I love my big SS one. 18 x 30 x 10" deep. Got it on ebay for $200. I
would never ever have a small or two compartment kitchen sink again. For
those rare moments when you really need a big sink, they are invaluable.
Mine is for when I clean the big Bosch cooktop, and have to soak and clean
three grates. I can stack them in there and let them soak. They would not
fit in any regular double stainless sink. Other times when you have
something big, you appreciate them. It does change how you wash things, not
having the two stage wash/rinse standard operation. Took about two days to
adapt.

Steve

Where to Kitchen cabinets for decent price? [email protected] Home Repair 10 September 26th 16 12:44 PM
Old kItchen sink Willie The Wimp Home Repair 2 June 17th 09 06:21 PM
Looking for decent qulity Kitchen unit with American Black Walnut finsih - Are they all the same? swinster UK diy 1 April 14th 06 07:59 AM
Can a single mixer kitchen tap be used on a double kitchen sink??? [email protected] UK diy 2 October 23rd 05 10:26 PM
kitchen sink problem: want single-flow crosstop deck sink mixer... but height clearance limited james UK diy 6 March 30th 04 02:43 PM