Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Decent kitchen sink

On Dec 2, 7:40*am, "dadiOH" wrote:
Curt wrote:
Looking at drop in kitchen sinks, the 33"x22", *in the $250-350
range. The one I have now is a double, deep bowl type, ran around
$100, yrs ago. *My complaint about it is using a long neck faucet,
the sink flexes where the faucet fastens. I'm sure it's cause the S/S
is of thinner gauge. But, I very well could be wrong.

I like the deep bowl, being stainless isn't a must. Have read reviews
until my eyes hurt. People seem to think the product should look like
new, even after years of use. My expectations are not that high. Just
something durable. I'm planning on having the soap dispenser as I
have now, seems as if it's a useful feature.

Any recommendations?

1. Porcelain on cast iron - CAST iron, not steel - won't flex. *Heavy gauge
SS shouldn't either.

2. Avoid acrylic or anything with acrylic in it.

3. It's your dime but I prefer one large sink to a divided one.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

I got a Kohler cast iron one a few years ago. Very happy with it.
Some features I like:

Two bowls with one very deep and larger than the other one.
Split is maybe 60/40. Avoid the sinks that have one small
bowl meant for the disposal. IMO they are useless. I want
the disposal on the main bowl.

Get a design with a single hole faucet where the divider is.
That allows the sink bowls to extend further back into the
area where the faucets would be, giving you larger bowls.

Undermount is best provided your counters accomodate it.