Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 'stick-um' for a friction fit pulley?

I've got an old-ish [10yrs?] treadmill that I stuck in the outdoor
gazebo for my morning walk when it rains or whatever.

Lately it started slipping a bit every so often. So I pull it
apart & it looks like it is slipping where the drive pulley is pressed
onto the 1 1/4" or so shaft that the walking belt rides on.

Did it get cold enough for the metal shaft to shrink more than the
plastic pulley?

Do you think Loctite make a product that will make it grip, or is
there a better product out there.

I've got nothing to lose-- this thing is long past paid for. I'm
just trying to keep from tossing this one and picking up another.

Jim

Friction welding Tom Del Rosso[_4_] Metalworking 15 August 15th 11 12:43 PM
friction hinges nospam[_2_] UK diy 3 September 18th 07 08:46 AM
Cheap peel-n-stick floor tile doesn't stick Mike Home Repair 13 June 5th 07 05:31 AM
Mylands Friction Polish mac davis Woodturning 5 June 14th 06 03:12 PM
Friction Polish Martin Rost Woodturning 9 March 13th 05 11:52 PM