Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thanksgiving Terrorism Alert 2011

NOTICE:

Terrorism Alert for Thanksgiving 2011.
Before carving or eating your turkey today, be sure to thoroughly
check it for bombs, and other explosives. Turkeys loaded with
explosives are a major source of death, injuries, and other problems
on Thanksgiving. Any store bought turkey can be loaded with
explosives and other terrorist devices intended to kill. DO NOT trust
any turkeys. Anyone under the age of 18 should ask someone in
authority to inspect their turkey before eating. This is of utmost
importance.

This important alert has been forwarded for your notice by concerned
persons in cooperation with the "U.S. Department of Homeland
Security".

God Bless America!

Posted to alt.home.repair

This is obviously a phony troll. No government announcement
would include the name of God. After all, we have separation
of church and state. (Or, so the activists say.....)

And suppose we do have separation of church and state. Would
we mention God in the founding documents? Printed on our
money? Would we make school students chant something about
"one nation, indivisible, under God...." every morning in
government schools?

I'm so confused!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/11 08:28 am, Stormin Mormon wrote:

This is obviously a phony troll. No government announcement
would include the name of God. After all, we have separation
of church and state. (Or, so the activists say.....)

And suppose we do have separation of church and state. Would
we mention God in the founding documents? Printed on our
money? Would we make school students chant something about
"one nation, indivisible, under God...." every morning in
government schools?

I'm so confused!

[SOAPBOX]

We know what the term "establishment of religion" meant. It is *not*
what the Supreme Court has said it means: it is the system where one
specific religious expression (church, denomination, etc.) is the
official religion of that nation or state. E.g., in the UK the Church of
England is "by law established": the monarch is the "secular head" of
the Church of England and must be crowned by the Archbishop of
Canterbury, the "spiritual head" of the Church of England.

In some Scandinavian countries the Lutheran Church is virtually a
government department and its clergy virtually (or perhaps even
officially) civil servants. A bishop cannot even get rid of a heretical
pastor without the permission of some government minister. That is
"establishment of religion" -- specifically the Lutheran version of the
Christian religion.

Moreover, the US Constitution as amended says that "*Congress* shall
make no law...." Why cannot individual states make such laws? In fact I
should not be surprised if the amendment (or at least its specific
wording) was intended to prevent Congress from overriding the
"established religion" that existed already in some states.

Providing government money to private schools (whether neutral, atheist,
Mormon, Baptist, Roman Catholic, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim or Calathumpian)
on the same basis (e.g., having qualified teachers and suitable
premises, and meeting approved educational standards) would not be
"establishment of religion" at all: it would be _de facto_
DISestablishment of religion.

[/SOAPBOX]

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2011 1:13 PM, RonB wrote:
On Nov 24, 1:09 pm, wrote:
On Nov 24, 12:35 pm, wrote:

Ah yes, giving thanks to the indians shortly before massacring them.

We didn't have to massacre them. 100 years of lying, backing out of
treaties and forcing then into shrinking reserves left them starved
and susceptible to every disease that came along.

Like it or not, we had our on Holocaust.

RonB

pardon - "own" Holocaust

My daddy didn't own no Indians! ^_^

TDD