Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flash Mob Shoplifts at Silver Spring 7-Eleven

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...134286103.html

Wow. I just watched the store security video of this event:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

Wow.

This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 5:13*am, Home Guy wrote:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...s-Over-Silver-...

Wow. *I just watched the store security video of this event:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? *Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

Wow.

This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

The shape of things to come? As I understood things, the shopkeeper
should have shot them all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 01:26:30 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

The shape of things to come? As I understood things, the shopkeeper
should have shot them all.

Well, you don't understand America. We still have gun-free victim
zones. What a shame.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote in news:8910a60f-287f-4c32-be85-
:

On Nov 22, 5:13*am, Home Guy wrote:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...s-Over-Silver-...

Wow. *I just watched the store security video of this event:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? *Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

Wow.

This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

The shape of things to come? As I understood things, the shopkeeper
should have shot them all.

Wrong Harry.

The store keeper is someone making minimum wage, working suck hours doing
**** job. The smartest thing to do is nothing. Stand there with your arms
folded and do absolutely nothing till it's over.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 23, 12:11*am, Red Green wrote:
harry wrote in news:8910a60f-287f-4c32-be85-
:

On Nov 22, 5:13*am, Home Guy wrote:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...s-Over-Silver-....

Wow. *I just watched the store security video of this event:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? *Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

Wow.

This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

The shape of things to come? *As I understood things, the shopkeeper
should have shot them all.

Wrong Harry.

The store keeper is someone making minimum wage, working suck hours doing
**** job. The smartest thing to do is nothing. Stand there with your arms
folded and do absolutely nothing till it's over.- Hide quoted text -

Aha. I see. So another situation where ownership of a gun brings no
positive results?

BTW, What is minmumwage in the US?
They are having a massive revision of employment laws over here.
I think minimum wage is one of the things to be junked.
Easier to hire and fire.
Working hours.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:55:14 -0800 (PST), harry

From: harry

AOL???

That figures.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Aha. I see. So another situation where ownership of a gun brings no
positive results?

Situations like this are usually constrained by corporate policy. That is,
no employee may have a gun on company property.

If the business is privately owned, guns are often found in the shop. In the
LA riots some years ago, the Korean shopkeepers were passed over by the
rioters because these shop owners had, and displayed, their firearms.

In the case mentioned here, I refer you to Texas law on the subject:

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in
using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable
property:
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is
immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery,
aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during
the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing
burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from
escaping with the property;

YJMV (Your Jurisdiction May Vary)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
harry wrote:

[...]

harry is not interested in facts
it just needs to spout it's hoplophobia.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

What makes you imagine that there is some requirement that ownership of a
gun is supposed to bring "positive results" in ALL situations ?
Are you really this stupid ?

BTW, What is minmumwage in the US?
They are having a massive revision of employment laws over here.
I think minimum wage is one of the things to be junked.
Easier to hire and fire.
Working hours.

That should put you on the dole quick enough..

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

BTW, What is minmumwage in the US?

$7.25 but some states set it higher. Florida is $7.31

Hah, another insomniac. About the same as here then.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/22/2011 3:26 AM, harry wrote:
On Nov 22, 5:13 am, Home wrote:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...s-Over-Silver-...

Wow. I just watched the store security video of this event:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

Wow.

This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

The shape of things to come? As I understood things, the shopkeeper
should have shot them all.

Harry, that's nonsense, you don't have to shoot ALL of them, just one,
the rest will decide that theft is not a good idea after all and leave
the area quickly. You can actually get an actor and shoot blanks at him
with the appropriate fake blood, etc whenever a crowd of miscreants
shows up. You can scream "You steel from me I keel jou like we do in my
homeland of Ikibikistan!!" The word will get out and the little robbers
will avoid the place and the honest customers will be grateful. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 5:13 am, Home *wrote:
[...]

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Jeez Duf , what time is it over there? Don't you go to bed? It's 0710
here.
Internet works better/faster in our rural area early on.

Depends how desperate they are. They may shoot you first if they know
you have a gun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 5:13 am, Home *wrote:
[...]

Heh Heh. Hollywood again eh Duf? I couldn't afford a Hollywood actor.

BTW, we did have a crime in the next village which I reported here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-15227969

Heh, Heh,a couple of kids broke into what transpired to be the local
drug baron's house, so he shot them.
So the cops have arrested everybody, they found mass canabis growing
factory in his house.
Most exciting thing ever here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/23/2011 1:21 AM, harry wrote:

On Nov 22, 5:13 am, Home wrote:
[...]

Harry, there are all kinds of dinner theaters with semi pro actors
performing in them in cities all over the U.S., I'm sure you have
the same sort of thing in the U.K.? There is a lot of local talent
right here in my community and my cockamamie idea has given me an
interesting thought for a new business venture. It would be something
like scarecrows to keep vermin away with fake shootings to frighten away
potential thieves. Of course, I can see having to coordinate with law
enforcement but gee it would be a lot of fun. Those involve could claim
they were making a film or commercial. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 5:13 am, Home * *wrote:
[...]

No, I never heard of a "dinner theatre".
Sounds like people who need to get a proper job (if there are any to
be had)

I have attended a gunfight but it was not in the UK.
But it was gunfight in the sense of a pre-arranged meeting by armed
combatants with a grudge who intended to kill one another.
Hey bub should go to one and maybe a few more people here.
Then they could talk from a position of first hand experience instead
of the **** they routinely trot out.

I have had ago with a 44 Magnum too. Again, not in the UK.
Boring after 20 min or so. Can't see this gun thing,even for the sub-
intelligent.
Do they lie in bed at night, hugging their gun hoping a burglar will
show?
Or are they afraid of the bogey man under the bed?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In an ideal world, the customers are also armed. So, the
robbers will be taking fire from several directions.

In a less than ideal world. The robbers are armed, and will
shoot at the store owners. And at the customers.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Harry, that's nonsense, you don't have to shoot ALL of
them, just one,
the rest will decide that theft is not a good idea after
all and leave
the area quickly. You can actually get an actor and shoot
blanks at him
with the appropriate fake blood, etc whenever a crowd of
miscreants
shows up. You can scream "You steel from me I keel jou like
we do in my
homeland of Ikibikistan!!" The word will get out and the
little robbers
will avoid the place and the honest customers will be
grateful. ^_^

TDD

How many do you think would shoot back?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:45:36 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

In an ideal world, the customers are also armed. So, the
robbers will be taking fire from several directions.

In a less than ideal world. The robbers are armed, and will
shoot at the store owners. And at the customers.

Byt they're generally chicken-****s and prey on the weak. They do sometimes
get surprised when Granny (or Achmed) is packing but they'd rather not
escalate their next fix to murder-one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
In an ideal world, the customers are also armed. So, the
robbers will be taking fire from several directions.

In a less than ideal world. The robbers are armed, and will
shoot at the store owners. And at the customers.

Byt they're generally chicken-****s and prey on the weak. *They do sometimes
get surprised when Granny (or Achmed) is packing but they'd rather not
escalate their next fix to murder-one.

Heigh ho. Back to your Hollywood dreamworld!
The Giffords woman was onTV over here the other day.
No big heroes saved her did they?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/23/2011 11:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
In an ideal world, the customers are also armed. So, the
robbers will be taking fire from several directions.

In a less than ideal world. The robbers are armed, and will
shoot at the store owners. And at the customers.

Years ago in downtown Birmingham a goblin (as friend HB calls them)
tried to rob a barber shop. An old fellow stuck a 25 caliber pistol
in the robbers ear and pulled the trigger. Scratch one bad guy and
the only cost to the county was a pine box placed in a 6' deep hole
in the ground. It was a real money saver for the taxpayers. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Years ago in downtown Birmingham a goblin (as friend HB calls them)
tried to rob a barber shop. An old fellow stuck a 25 caliber pistol
in the robbers ear and pulled the trigger. Scratch one bad guy and
the only cost to the county was a pine box placed in a 6' deep hole
in the ground. It was a real money saver for the taxpayers. ^_^

TDD

Well there WAS the cost of the investigation. Still, though, much
cheaper than a homicide investigation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/23/2011 12:45 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
In an ideal world, the customers are also armed. So, the
robbers will be taking fire from several directions.

In a less than ideal world. The robbers are armed, and will
shoot at the store owners. And at the customers.

In your "ideal" world, have you thought about how you might end up in
the crossfire, along with many other bystanders? Or does your "ideal"
world involve only the innocent citizens walking around full time in
full body bulletproof protection? My ideal world would have no crime.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Peter" wrote in message
On 11/23/2011 12:45 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
In an ideal world, the customers are also armed. So, the
robbers will be taking fire from several directions.

In a less than ideal world. The robbers are armed, and will
shoot at the store owners. And at the customers.

In your "ideal" world, have you thought about how you might end up in the
crossfire, along with many other bystanders? Or does your "ideal" world
involve only the innocent citizens walking around full time in full body
bulletproof protection? My ideal world would have no crime.

Every bodies "ideal world" would be to have no crime.
But until then what do you propose ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 01:26:30 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote Re Flash Mob Shoplifts at Silver Spring 7-Eleven:

On Nov 22, 5:13*am, Home Guy wrote:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...s-Over-Silver-...

Wow. *I just watched the store security video of this event:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? *Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

Wow.

Yep. Looks like Planet of the Apes to me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 5:13 am, Home wrote:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...s-Over-Silver-...

Wow. I just watched the store security video of this event:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

Wow.

Yep. Looks like Planet of the Apes to me.

Ooooooo, that is so racist. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 12:13*am, Home Guy wrote:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...s-Over-Silver-...

Wow. *I just watched the store security video of this event:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? *Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

alt.home.repair.

I think you're looking for Facebook.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...134286103.html

Wow. I just watched the store security video of this event:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

Wow.

This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

Yes, but WE have hope and change!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/22/2011 12:13 AM, Home Guy wrote:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...134286103.html

Wow. I just watched the store security video of this event:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

Wow.

This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

I'm not sure who is worse...these petty shoplifters or the thieves on
Wall Street in charge of my 401k or the senators and congress critters
that do legal insider trading.
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Nov 22, 12:13*am, Home Guy wrote:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...s-Over-Silver-...

Wow. *I just watched the store security video of this event:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? *Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

Wow.

This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

Not all the YooEss is like that. and I don't know exactly where this
happened, but Silver Spring is kind of diverse... there's affluent
areas, and not-so-affluent areas. One theme in common though (and
this holds true for all the Metro DC area) is a definite theme of
selfishness and entitlement. Or as they'd say in another group I used
to frequent, "MFFY."

The farther away I am from downtown DC and/or the Maryland suburbs,
the happier I am (and the nicer and more reasonable the people
become.)

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...134286103.html

Wow. I just watched the store security video of this event:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

Wow.

This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

And just which planet do you actually live on?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? Or Atlanta?
Planet of the Apes?
Wow.
This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

And just which planet do you actually live on?

One that's largely invisible to the average american. Hint: Look
north.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 23, 12:36*am, Home Guy wrote:
Steve B wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? *Or Atlanta?
Planet of the Apes?
Wow.
This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

And just which planet do you actually live on?

One that's largely invisible to the average american. *Hint: *Look
north.

Don't take the **** out of the poor souls. They don't have the Queen
like we do. They have/had the likes of "W".
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? Or Atlanta?
Planet of the Apes?
Wow.
This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

And just which planet do you actually live on?

One that's largely invisible to the average american. Hint: Look
north.

Don't take the **** out of the poor souls. They don't have the Queen
like we do. They have/had the likes of "W".

LOL
This from an idiot who never was anything but a subject.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/22/2011 6:36 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Steve B wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? Or Atlanta?
Planet of the Apes?
Wow.
This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

And just which planet do you actually live on?

One that's largely invisible to the average american. Hint: Look
north.

Do you have Affirmative Action morons running things up there at The
North Pole eh? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

You didn't know? Santa is now required to hire a certain
percentage of elves of color. Doesn't matter if they can
make toys or not. So, now, we'll have lead paint on the Xmas
toys, and they won't work. The elves, or the toys, neither
will work. Can't be expecting an Affirmative Action elf to
do menial stuff like make toys.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message ...

One that's largely invisible to the average american.
Hint: Look
north.

Do you have Affirmative Action morons running things up
there at The
North Pole eh? ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

And just which planet do you actually live on?

One that's largely invisible to the average american.
Hint: Look north.

Do you have Affirmative Action morons running things up there
at The North Pole eh? ^_^

I must admit that at the $Dayjob, we get a chuckle when filling out
new-vendor documents when-ever we sell to a new US customer. The
documents usually ask if we're a "minority owned" or female-owned
company, if we're an equal-opportunity employer, etc. We joke that the
ideal must be a black or native-american indian female handicapped
veteran.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 23, 2:17*pm, Home Guy wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
And just which planet do you actually live on?

One that's largely invisible to the average american.
Hint: *Look north.

Do you have Affirmative Action morons running things up there
at The North Pole eh? ^_^

I must admit that at the $Dayjob, we get a chuckle when filling out
new-vendor documents when-ever we sell to a new US customer. *The
documents usually ask if we're a "minority owned" or female-owned
company, if we're an equal-opportunity employer, etc. *We joke that the
ideal must be a black or native-american indian female handicapped
veteran.

Female, black, one legged, lesbian over here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/23/2011 8:17 AM, Home Guy wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

And just which planet do you actually live on?

One that's largely invisible to the average american.
Hint: Look north.

Do you have Affirmative Action morons running things up there
at The North Pole eh? ^_^

I must admit that at the $Dayjob, we get a chuckle when filling out
new-vendor documents when-ever we sell to a new US customer. The
documents usually ask if we're a "minority owned" or female-owned
company, if we're an equal-opportunity employer, etc. We joke that the
ideal must be a black or native-american indian female handicapped
veteran.

Affirmative Action doesn't necessarily mean a person of color has been
put into a job he/she/it is not qualified for. I like the example of the
quadriplegic gymnastics coach or the blind drivers ed teacher. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...
Steve B wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMjs_5Fp0nc

Is this Detroit? Or Atlanta?
Planet of the Apes?
Wow.
This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

And just which planet do you actually live on?

One that's largely invisible to the average american. Hint: Look
north.

The Polar Star is NOT a planet.