Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I need help in putting in a Drop in Stove

My house is about 20 years old.
We now have a drop in stove and wife wants a new one.
New one is a Whrilpool WDE350LV

The opening now on my granet counter top is 29 5/8
The Stove product dimensions sheets says the cabinet opening demensions must
be 30"
The top of the new stove is 30 3/4"
The bottom D of the stove reads 29 7/8"

Have I got to cut the granet top bigger?
sounds like a job I don't need to do.

I need some advice on this

here is the dimension file
http://www.whirlpool.com/digitalasse...20Guide_EN.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 9:26*am, "Jack Valance" wrote:
My house is about 20 years old.
We now have a drop in stove and wife wants a new one.
New one is a Whrilpool WDE350LV

The opening now on my granet counter top is 29 5/8
The Stove product dimensions sheets says the cabinet opening demensions must
be 30"
The top of the new stove is 30 3/4"
The bottom D of the stove reads *29 7/8"

Have I got to cut the granet top bigger?
sounds like a job I don't need to do.

I need some advice on this

here is the dimension filehttp://www.whirlpool.com/digitalassets/WDE350LVS/Dimension%20Guide_EN...

If you don't have to order it you could buy it, bring it home and
see. If it won't fit take it back. Might just be one or two spots
that keep it from fitting and maybe you can modify it. Course that
will void the warranty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 21, 9:26*am, "Jack Valance" wrote:
My house is about 20 years old.
We now have a drop in stove and wife wants a new one.
New one is a Whrilpool WDE350LV

The opening now on my granet counter top is 29 5/8
The Stove product dimensions sheets says the cabinet opening dimensions must
be 30"
The top of the new stove is 30 3/4"
The bottom D of the stove reads *29 7/8"

Have I got to cut the granet top bigger?
sounds like a job I don't need to do.

I need some advice on this

here is the dimension filehttp://www.whirlpool.com/digitalassets/WDE350LVS/Dimension%20Guide_EN...

I hired mine done but once I saw them do it I realized I maybe could
have done it myself and saved some bucks. They used belt sanders on
the straight parts and drum sanders in the corners. Biggest job was
the prep and cleanup. They taped up a room made of plastic sheeting
around the stove to contain the dust. Vacuum drew air from the plastic
enclosure and exhaust was connected to a pipe that went outside. Most
of the work was prep and cleanup. I think this cost me about $250
about 3 years ago. After thinking about it more I would probably hire
it out. It was obvious they had done this before and made it look
easy.

Jimmie

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Candidly, it doesn't sound like a job for a home owner. I'd
want to call several granite counter top places, and ask
them for quotes to enlarge the opening. Or, find a different
stove.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jack Valance" wrote in message
m...
My house is about 20 years old.
We now have a drop in stove and wife wants a new one.
New one is a Whrilpool WDE350LV

The opening now on my granet counter top is 29 5/8
The Stove product dimensions sheets says the cabinet opening
demensions must
be 30"
The top of the new stove is 30 3/4"
The bottom D of the stove reads 29 7/8"

Have I got to cut the granet top bigger?
sounds like a job I don't need to do.

I need some advice on this

here is the dimension file
http://www.whirlpool.com/digitalasse...20Guide_EN.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

The pros put my counters in 2 years ago.. Cabinets were 30" but the cut the
top out 28. 5/8
The told me they have to come out remove the top bring in and cut it..
Som britches chargeing me $300..
Surely I can put a blade on my saw and rip it out.... even with the cabinets
I'm a damn handy man from way back.