Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My house keeps exploding

Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the house
explodes. I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking busted
off gas pipe behind the stove. I heard that switches spark when they
are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens. Where
can I buy some sparkless switches? These explosions are getting on my
nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire house.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/19/2011 4:47 AM, wrote:
Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the house
explodes. I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking busted
off gas pipe behind the stove. I heard that switches spark when they
are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens. Where
can I buy some sparkless switches? These explosions are getting on my
nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire house.

Have you ever tried sticking you head in the oven with the gas turned
on? Oh yea, blow out the pilot light first to avoid overcooking your
brains. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

You're not serious. I'm just going to blow you off.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the
house
explodes. I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking
busted
off gas pipe behind the stove. I heard that switches spark
when they
are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens.
Where
can I buy some sparkless switches? These explosions are
getting on my
nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire
house.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nevermind electric lights, use candles instead. Candles
never spark.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the
house
explodes. I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking
busted
off gas pipe behind the stove. I heard that switches spark
when they
are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens.
Where
can I buy some sparkless switches? These explosions are
getting on my
nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire
house.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SG SG is offline

wrote:
Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the house
explodes. I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking busted
off gas pipe behind the stove. I heard that switches spark when they
are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens. Where
can I buy some sparkless switches? These explosions are getting on my
nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire house.

What you need is to increase the time between flipping the switches.
Let the gas build up really good first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/19/2011 5:47 AM, wrote:
Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the house
explodes. I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking busted
off gas pipe behind the stove. I heard that switches spark when they
are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens. Where
can I buy some sparkless switches? These explosions are getting on my
nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire house.

Yes.. that will do it every time.
There are no sparkless switches but here are switches that can be
installed in sealed boxes that have less of a chance of causing
ignition. I installed some in a auto body shop about 30 years ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/19/2011 1:25 PM, Steve Stone wrote:
On 11/19/2011 5:47 AM, wrote:
Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the house
explodes. I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking busted
off gas pipe behind the stove. I heard that switches spark when they
are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens. Where
can I buy some sparkless switches? These explosions are getting on my
nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire house.

Yes.. that will do it every time.
There are no sparkless switches but here are switches that can be
installed in sealed boxes that have less of a chance of causing
ignition. I installed some in a auto body shop about 30 years ago.

They are called explosion proof devices. The enclosure is designed to
contain the explosion not necessarily prevent it. You can tell because
the switch housing has an external operating lever and the enclosure
looks like it was built for a military tank. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:

Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the house
explodes. I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking busted
off gas pipe behind the stove. I heard that switches spark when they
are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens. Where
can I buy some sparkless switches? These explosions are getting on my
nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire house.

The impressive part is that the house keeps exploding. It evidently
reassembles itself after each explosion. Maybe you could patent the
technology. It would be really useful for hurricane/typhoon prone
areas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 08:30:55 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

You're not serious. I'm just going to blow you off.

No you're not...... Sorry, I'm NOT gay !!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

The impressive part is that the house keeps exploding. It evidently
reassembles itself after each explosion.

Must be an abnormality in the SpaceTime continuum in you neighborhood.
What Dr. Who fans know as a time rift.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 19, 7:25*pm, Steve Stone wrote:
On 11/19/2011 5:47 AM, wrote:

Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the house
explodes. *I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking busted
off gas pipe behind the stove. *I heard that switches spark when they
are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens. *Where
can I buy some sparkless switches? *These explosions are getting on my
nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire house.

Yes.. that will do it every time.
There are no sparkless switches but here are switches that can be
installed in sealed boxes that have less of a chance of causing
ignition. I installed some in a auto body shop about 30 years ago.

There are sparkless switches.They are mercury filled capsules that are
tipped over to make the contact.
http://www.assemtech.co.uk/productpa...R P4Qod6ylzqQ

There are also explosion proof switches where the housing has deep
flanges that cools the gases of any explosion preventing it from
propagating.

They are not sealed because the seal could not be guaranteed to remain
intact.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Steve Stone wrote:

The impressive part is that the house keeps exploding. It evidently
reassembles itself after each explosion.

Must be an abnormality in the SpaceTime continuum in you neighborhood.
What Dr. Who fans know as a time rift.

Darn cell phones. They're not nearly as reliable as a good old
fashioned phone booth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/19/2011 5:47 AM, wrote:

[...]

Mouth-breathers should not be operating any type of switch.

exploding mice..... bob Electronics Repair 10 October 6th 09 02:43 PM
exploding ballasts bof UK diy 16 May 30th 08 11:50 PM
Exploding floor jmagerl Home Repair 8 March 9th 08 10:48 PM
exploding mosfet John Atkins Electronics Repair 2 May 27th 05 06:42 PM
exploding MDF Jason Woodworking 52 April 16th 05 01:56 AM