Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default My house keeps exploding

On Nov 19, 7:25*pm, Steve Stone wrote:
On 11/19/2011 5:47 AM, wrote:

Everytime I turn on a light switch anywhere in my house, the house
explodes. *I have a suspicion this is because of the leaking busted
off gas pipe behind the stove. *I heard that switches spark when they
are turned on, so that's probably why the explosion happens. *Where
can I buy some sparkless switches? *These explosions are getting on my
nerves, so I'll just replace all the switches in the entire house.

Yes.. that will do it every time.
There are no sparkless switches but here are switches that can be
installed in sealed boxes that have less of a chance of causing
ignition. I installed some in a auto body shop about 30 years ago.

There are sparkless switches.They are mercury filled capsules that are
tipped over to make the contact.
http://www.assemtech.co.uk/productpa...R P4Qod6ylzqQ

There are also explosion proof switches where the housing has deep
flanges that cools the gases of any explosion preventing it from
propagating.

They are not sealed because the seal could not be guaranteed to remain
intact.