Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I really screwed up a window - on purpose.

My daughter's roommate found an old beat up window with 2 panes of
glass and a mutton across the middle. She planned to hang it on her
wall with a poster of some mountains behind it but before she had a
chance to hang it, one of the panes got broken.

I offered to replace the panes with plexiglass to make it lighter/
safer but she was concerned that it would loose it's charm if it had
new panes, new glazing and no paint drops splattered on the window
like the original one.

I told her not to worry...

I replaced both panes with plexiglass and use white caulk as the
glazing. I got some dirt from the backyard and rubbed it into the
caulk with my finger, making the caulk a dirty gray and pretty sloppy.

I then used a paint brush to splatter some black and white paint on
the panes.

When she first saw it, she thought I had just replaced the broken pane
and made it match the other one. When she picked up the window and
noticed how light it was, she realized that I had replaced them both.

It really does look very much like the original window and you'd be
hard pressed to tell that it had just been repaired.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/24/2011 10:12 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Chuckle. I thought about doing that a few months ago, as a gag, for a
friend sentenced to a windowless office. Real Life got in the way, and I
never got around to it, and they finished their hitch in there. I did
find, online, several posters with a window overprint on them, but they
were crazy overpriced.

--
aem sends....
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
[...]

If you really want it to look authentic, get her some
spiders (non-poisonous, of course) to hang out on the window
and make some webs.

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Oct 24, 11:50*pm, aemeijers wrote:
[...]

I would imagine that something like a ReStore would yield acceptable
windows for not much loot, then you just have to find a landscape
print to hang behind it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 24, 10:12*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

My daughter's roommate found an old beat up window with 2 panes of
glass and a mutton across the middle.

Shirley ewe must be joking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 25, 12:58*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 24, 10:12*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

My daughter's roommate found an old beat up window with 2 panes of
glass and a mutton across the middle.

Shirley ewe must be joking.

What application do I use to do a Find...Replace All on every usenet,
Google and usenet replication server on the planet? ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 25, 5:59*am, "Richard Trethaway" richard@void wrote:
[...]

and make some webs.- Hide quoted text -

That might be OK with the roommate, but my daughter is seriously *not*
a fan of spiders. It's a dorm room, so...

What's The Purpose of life نسائم الجنة UK diy 32 September 17th 11 11:08 PM
PURPOSE OF LIFE hamada Home Repair 3 May 7th 08 09:37 PM
All purpose SS op amp Trevor Morton Electronic Schematics 16 March 24th 07 11:41 PM
The Purpose of Life Happy Man Home Repair 6 March 4th 07 03:23 AM
LOANS AVAILABLE for any purpose [email protected] UK diy 9 March 8th 06 01:03 PM