Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buy a bilge pump?

A store near me has 12 volt, 800 GPH bilge pump for $13.19.
Clearance. They have three of them.

Ebay, they run $30 including shipping.

What uses would a person have for a bilge pump? A person who
does not own a boat.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 3, 8:14*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
A store near me has 12 volt, 800 GPH bilge pump for $13.19.
Clearance. They have three of them.

Ebay, they run $30 including shipping.

What uses would a person have for a bilge pump? A person who
does not own a boat.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Back-up sump pump if you have an attached garage you could run a cord
to the pump from your car, at least for a while till the car battery
died ..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:14:09 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:
What uses would a person have for a bilge pump? A person who does not
own a boat.

Buy the bilge pump, and the bilge will come.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 4, 2:14*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
A store near me has 12 volt, 800 GPH bilge pump for $13.19.
Clearance. They have three of them.

Ebay, they run $30 including shipping.

What uses would a person have for a bilge pump? A person who
does not own a boat.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

If you have no use for it don't buy it. Your American aquisitiveness
is getting the better of you.

Clearly the person on Ebay is getting them from the same place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 3, 9:14*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
A store near me has 12 volt, 800 GPH bilge pump for $13.19.
Clearance. They have three of them.

Ebay, they run $30 including shipping.

What uses would a person have for a bilge pump? A person who
does not own a boat.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Joe Pesci's character in Lethal Weapon 4 would tell you to
"pump it out your ****ing ass"...

In your case that that might be perfect advice if you bought
a bilge pump without owning a boat...

Avast Ye Matey...

~~ Evan

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
A store near me has 12 volt, 800 GPH bilge pump for $13.19.
Clearance. They have three of them.

Ebay, they run $30 including shipping.

What uses would a person have for a bilge pump? A person who
does not own a boat.

I guess anybody who has water that needs to be somewhere else.

For example, rain water collected in barrels that could be used to water the
lawn.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Or, use a marine deep cycle battery.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hr(bob) " wrote in
message
wrote:
A store near me has 12 volt, 800 GPH bilge pump for
$13.19.
Clearance. They have three of them.

Ebay, they run $30 including shipping.

What uses would a person have for a bilge pump? A person
who
does not own a boat.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Back-up sump pump if you have an attached garage you could
run a cord
to the pump from your car, at least for a while till the car
battery
died ..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wow, that's profound. PT Barnum would have said something
like that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jules Richardson" wrote
in message ...
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:14:09 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:
What uses would a person have for a bilge pump? A person
who does not
own a boat.

Buy the bilge pump, and the bilge will come.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Those are both good uses. Last time I had a washing machine
malfunction, I used a hand operated pump from HF.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

They are handy for pumping out just about anything (fish
tanks toilet
tanks washing machines, whatever)

I was sinking some PVC pipe for pilings and I used a bilge
pump to
pump out the water before I placed the concrete in there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If I was a farmer, I could fill rain barrels, and later pump
the water to the garden.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

I guess anybody who has water that needs to be somewhere
else.

For example, rain water collected in barrels that could be
used to water the
lawn.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 07:03:55 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
I guess anybody who has water that needs to be somewhere else.

For example, rain water collected in barrels that could be used to water
the lawn.

I wonder how hard they are to drain? That would probably be my only* use;
I've got a barn that I could use to catch lots of rainwater, but neither
of my garden spots are nearby, so a pump would be useful - but not if it
couldn't be properly drained for winter.

* although I don't have a sump pump in the basement, so it'd be useful
for the rare times when I need to drain the water heater, too.

Not sure what the startup current would be like on these; google suggests
about 3A for normal running, so a PC PSU would work fine there (suitable
dummy load on 5V if needed etc.).

cheers

Jules
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 4, 8:28*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
If I was a farmer, I could fill rain barrels, and later pump
the water to the garden.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

I guess anybody who has water that needs to be somewhere
else.

For example, rain water collected in barrels that could be
used to water the
lawn.

A bilge pump isn't going to be good at doing that. To water
a lawn you need a pump designed to develop some
pressure so you can deliver it through a spray head, nozzle,
etc. A bilge pump is designed to move as much water
as possible at very low pressure/lift/

Coupled with a battery and battery tender, it would make
a sump pump backup that could move a reasonable
amount of water. But even doing that, at 800gph it's
not equal to a traditional sump pump.
Posted to alt.home.repair

You're right, about low lift, and low pressure. I wonder
what's the max head for these pumps?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

A bilge pump isn't going to be good at doing that. To water
a lawn you need a pump designed to develop some
pressure so you can deliver it through a spray head, nozzle,
etc. A bilge pump is designed to move as much water
as possible at very low pressure/lift/

Coupled with a battery and battery tender, it would make
a sump pump backup that could move a reasonable
amount of water. But even doing that, at 800gph it's
not equal to a traditional sump pump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

What uses would a person have for a bilge pump? A person who
does not own a boat.

It's the kind of tool you get, and then find a dozen uses for. Stuff you
used to do the Egyptian way ..... lots of labor and lots of time. I'd take
one right now for those times when I needed to drain something. Like my
grandkids play pool. It's a PITA to drain with a hose and takes forever,
doesn't get all the water, and you end up having to lift the last heavy part
by hand. For that price, I'd jump on it.

Steve