Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buy a bilge pump?

On Oct 4, 8:28*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
If I was a farmer, I could fill rain barrels, and later pump
the water to the garden.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

I guess anybody who has water that needs to be somewhere
else.

For example, rain water collected in barrels that could be
used to water the
lawn.

A bilge pump isn't going to be good at doing that. To water
a lawn you need a pump designed to develop some
pressure so you can deliver it through a spray head, nozzle,
etc. A bilge pump is designed to move as much water
as possible at very low pressure/lift/

Coupled with a battery and battery tender, it would make
a sump pump backup that could move a reasonable
amount of water. But even doing that, at 800gph it's
not equal to a traditional sump pump.