Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hole maker

So... I'm not proud, but I was at walmart buying a dremel tool accessory
and a guy about 5 feet away shows me a 3/4" spade bit and asks me "Will
this make a hole?".

I don't expect much at the walmart "home improvement" section but I
didn't think things were that bad. I hope he knows he needs a drill to
turn the bit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 13:57:45 -0400, Tony Miklos
wrote:

So... I'm not proud, but I was at walmart buying a dremel tool accessory
and a guy about 5 feet away shows me a 3/4" spade bit and asks me "Will
this make a hole?".

I don't expect much at the walmart "home improvement" section but I
didn't think things were that bad. I hope he knows he needs a drill to
turn the bit.

Aw...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Bit_and_brace.JPG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 3, 1:57*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:

So... I'm not proud, but I was at walmart buying a dremel tool accessory
and a guy about 5 feet away shows me a 3/4" spade bit and asks me "Will
this make a hole?".

I don't expect much at the walmart "home improvement" section but I
didn't think things were that bad. *I hope he knows he needs a drill to
turn the bit.

What did you tell the guy? I'd be tempted to tell him, "No, that
makes slots."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:19:36 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

On Oct 3, 1:57*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:

So... I'm not proud, but I was at walmart buying a dremel tool accessory
and a guy about 5 feet away shows me a 3/4" spade bit and asks me "Will
this make a hole?".

I don't expect much at the walmart "home improvement" section but I
didn't think things were that bad. *I hope he knows he needs a drill to
turn the bit.

What did you tell the guy? I'd be tempted to tell him, "No, that
makes slots."

You would be correct.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/3/2011 2:19 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 3, 1:57 pm, Tony wrote:

So... I'm not proud, but I was at walmart buying a dremel tool accessory
and a guy about 5 feet away shows me a 3/4" spade bit and asks me "Will
this make a hole?".

I don't expect much at the walmart "home improvement" section but I
didn't think things were that bad. I hope he knows he needs a drill to
turn the bit.

What did you tell the guy? I'd be tempted to tell him, "No, that
makes slots."

LOL. Sorry, I answered a simple yes. I almost asked him what he was
"putting a hole in" to maybe give him a little advice but I decided he
wasn't anyone I wanted to get into a conversation with.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/3/2011 12:57 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:
So... I'm not proud, but I was at walmart buying a dremel tool accessory
and a guy about 5 feet away shows me a 3/4" spade bit and asks me "Will
this make a hole?".

I don't expect much at the walmart "home improvement" section but I
didn't think things were that bad. I hope he knows he needs a drill to
turn the bit.

I would have pulled out my onboard .45 taurus public defender and said
"not as good as this, but yes."

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
news
On 10/3/2011 12:57 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:
So... I'm not proud, but I was at walmart buying a dremel tool accessory
and a guy about 5 feet away shows me a 3/4" spade bit and asks me "Will
this make a hole?".

Interesting hole maker.

http://www.wimp.com/squareholes/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/3/2011 1:57 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:
So... I'm not proud, but I was at walmart buying a dremel tool accessory
and a guy about 5 feet away shows me a 3/4" spade bit and asks me "Will
this make a hole?".

I don't expect much at the walmart "home improvement" section but I
didn't think things were that bad. I hope he knows he needs a drill to
turn the bit.

He probably has kids to support, so letting him near power tools,
unsupervised, may not be a good idea.

Mind you, I'm not flaming the guy- all of us on here started from zero
DIY knowledge at some point. For most of us, it was before we could ride
a two-wheeler, but some families simply do not have that heritage. I
know close to zero about sports and hunting- it simply wasn't part of my
world growing up. That clueless fellow probably never saw anything
repaired in his life.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/4/2011 9:27 PM, tom wrote:

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
news
On 10/3/2011 12:57 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:
So... I'm not proud, but I was at walmart buying a dremel tool accessory
and a guy about 5 feet away shows me a 3/4" spade bit and asks me "Will
this make a hole?".

Interesting hole maker.

http://www.wimp.com/squareholes/

yeah, bet that's good and cheap.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote in
:

[...]

Me too.

I do them both in the same place - supermarket. In the hygiene aisle I get
sports deoderant and hunting done at the meat counter.

Spacing of guide holes in the 3-hole Kreg Pocket Hole Jig? Chuck Olson[_2_] Woodworking 11 December 9th 08 05:54 PM
Want to trade 40-hole bike rim for 36 hole _[_2_] Metalworking 1 September 6th 08 05:51 PM
Ice maker Stacia Home Repair 10 August 7th 07 09:54 AM
Will single hole faucet fit widespread center hole? dke3591 Home Repair 4 March 15th 07 04:58 PM
DeWalt DW421K ROS: 5 hole or 8 hole disks? J.B. Bobbitt Woodworking 3 December 19th 04 01:51 AM