Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are Pine Trees on Topic?

About a week ago, there was a discussion regarding Pine trees turning brown
and dying. I was not the original OP, however was having the same problem
with a 30/40 foot pine. OP was in Baltimore and I live in Texas, so water
and/or climate didn't seem to have any commonality.

Today (09/23), I had a tree removal service out to cut down my tree. While
it was on the ground, about 20 feet up, we discovered more fresh holes; and
inside there were numerous tiny worms and bugs. We crossed them out in a
Book and positive results were "Pine Bark Beetles"! How or where they
originated is somewhat of a mystery, but end result is they went with the
cut up tree to a burn pile!

Thanks to all who responded..

--
Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 21, 10:31*pm, "Bill Hall" wrote:
About a week ago, there was a discussion regarding Pine trees turning brown
and dying. I was not the original OP, however was having the same problem
with a 30/40 foot pine. OP was in Baltimore and I live in Texas, so water
and/or climate didn't seem to have any commonality.

*Today (09/23), I had a tree removal service out to cut down my tree. While
it was on the ground, about 20 feet up, we discovered more fresh holes; and
inside there were numerous tiny worms and bugs. We crossed them out in a
Book and positive results were "Pine Bark Beetles"! *How or where they
originated is somewhat of a mystery, but end result is they went with the
cut up tree to a burn pile!

*Thanks to all who responded..

--
Bill

Around here in NC they tend to kill groups of pines. If you have
other pine trees you'll want to watch out. I'm not sure if there is a
treatment. I know I have not had much luck fighting other borers with
systemic insecticides.

Are pine trees on topic if one needs repair? micky Home Repair 13 September 20th 11 08:56 PM
Are pine trees and pine wood as good as other firewood? mm Home Repair 27 May 24th 09 09:19 PM
Pine trees Terry Home Repair 28 October 28th 07 11:11 PM
Milling/using lumber from pine trees tillius Woodworking 2 April 18th 06 07:31 PM
Seven Pine Trees Felled Today [email protected] Woodworking 0 January 12th 06 02:11 AM