Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Speaking of harbor Freight...

According to a coupon loaded HF flyer I got in the snail mail yesterday,
a brick and mortar HF just opened about 10 minutes (7 miles) from me.
It's in the small city where I do all of my Sam's Club, Lowes, Home
Depot, and other specialty store shopping.
It's on a street that I don't usually travel on in that city, so I
didn't see it coming.
Now, I can use HF coupons and get to see and handle the stuff before it
gets to my house (and no S&H charges).
Before this one, the nearest HF was 22 miles away across the I-84 toll
bridge over the Hudson River. I hardly ever go over the river to that
side. I think the last time was 4 years ago.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 9/16/2011 8:18 AM, willshak wrote:
According to a coupon loaded HF flyer I got in the snail mail yesterday,
a brick and mortar HF just opened about 10 minutes (7 miles) from me.
It's in the small city where I do all of my Sam's Club, Lowes, Home
Depot, and other specialty store shopping.
It's on a street that I don't usually travel on in that city, so I
didn't see it coming.
Now, I can use HF coupons and get to see and handle the stuff before it
gets to my house (and no S&H charges).
Before this one, the nearest HF was 22 miles away across the I-84 toll
bridge over the Hudson River. I hardly ever go over the river to that
side. I think the last time was 4 years ago.

HF seems to be on an expansion spree. They opened one about two miles
from me, used to be a twenty mile trip. They also are putting out
endless 20% coupons in various publications including the AAA magazine,
the daily newspaper coupon collection, and by mail.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/16/2011 11:31 AM, SMS wrote:
[...]

The HF closest to me... 50 miles to Knoxville, TN, they recently
expanded to about 2 or 3 times their original size. Next closest one is
in Ashville, NC, about 55 miles from me. I drove there because they had
a soda blaster I wanted right away in stock, turns out the thing sucks
and I'm returning it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

There are two HF within about half hour drive from me. One
HF store, I get to that area on a regular basis.

Yesterday I bought some "clearance" garden hose, the price
had not been changed in the computer. Got to watch the
clearance items, as they scan, see if the price is correct.
The refund and rering took half hour or so.

Other than that... the hose does look like reasonably good
quality.

They get a handling charge, IIRC. As well as shipping.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

m...