Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default dirt/grease on good clothes

"john brook" wrote in
:

Got some black dirt/grease off the car, on to my good trousers. The
usual trick which solves it, is to work in some Swarfega hand cleaner;
and then detergent and warm water washes it away.

My problem is that being in a hurry i did not work the Swarfega in
deep enough or well enough, and then went on to wash it.

So its now 'set' into the trousers. Grateful for any further
suggestions.

You got a lot of suggestions so far. Might as well toss in another.

Spot Shot carpet cleaner has done some remarkable stain removing of
various things on carpets for me. Even smells like the crap they use in pro
cleaners.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Another WAG thought. Don't know what it will do to the material but carb
cleaner removes decades old stuff. Of course, that's on metal and not
material. The Spot Shot at least is made for material.