Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default dirt/grease on good clothes

On Jul 8, 3:01*am, "john brook" wrote:
Got some black dirt/grease off the car, on to my good trousers. *The usual
trick which solves it, is to work in some Swarfega hand cleaner; and then
detergent and warm water washes it away.

My problem is that being in a hurry i did not work the Swarfega in deep
enough or well enough, and then went on to wash it.

So its now 'set' into the trousers. *Grateful for any further suggestions.

Aerosol SHOUT (if you can still find it)

I had a power supply squirt hydraulic fluid on a pair of light
colored pants.

I washed them twice pre-treating with Aerosol SHOUT and the stain was
gone.

cheers
Bob