Old June 29th 11, 01:35 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air Conditioner compressor Humming sound

I have a Lennox 10 ACB Compressor system. I noticed today that the Air
compressor (external) was making a humming sound and the fan was not
working. The rest of the Air Conditioning system seems to be working
fine.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the above issue.

Regards

AT

Old June 29th 11, 02:26 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/28/2011 7:35 PM, AT wrote:
I have a Lennox 10 ACB Compressor system. I noticed today that the Air
compressor (external) was making a humming sound and the fan was not
working. The rest of the Air Conditioning system seems to be working
fine.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the above issue.

Regards

AT

Air compressor????

TDD
Old June 29th 11, 02:41 AM posted to alt.home.repair

AT wrote:
I have a Lennox 10 ACB Compressor system. I noticed today that the Air
compressor (external) was making a humming sound and the fan was not
working. The rest of the Air Conditioning system seems to be working
fine.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the above issue.

Regards

AT

Hi,
Time to check contactor, and capacitor(s).
Don't get yourself electrocuted.
Old June 29th 11, 03:26 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"AT" wrote in message
I have a Lennox 10 ACB Compressor system. I noticed today that the Air
compressor (external) was making a humming sound and the fan was not
working. The rest of the Air Conditioning system seems to be working
fine.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the above issue.

Regards

AT

Fan motor is not working. Could be the motor, could be a capacitor, could
be a few things. If you don't know how to diagnose that stuff, call a
service tech. Check out the service manual here
http://hvacpartsshop.net/10ACB_Series.pdf

Old June 29th 11, 01:47 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Call a repair and service company immediately. The next step
in the process, is that the compressor stops humming, and
the repair gets a lot more expensive.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old June 29th 11, 02:09 PM posted to alt.home.repair

AT wrote:
I have a Lennox 10 ACB Compressor system. I noticed today that the Air
compressor (external) was making a humming sound and the fan was not
working. The rest of the Air Conditioning system seems to be working
fine.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the above issue.

I'm guessing the start capacitor is kaput.

1. Turn off power.
2. Take several pictures of wires connected to capacitor(s)
3. Remove capacitor.
4. Take capacitor to A/C parts store and say "Gimme one like this"
(Higher voltage okay)
5. Install new capacitor
6. Turn on power.
7. Does it work?
7a. Yes, you're done
7b. No, call reputable A/C tech

Old June 29th 11, 03:29 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
AT wrote:
I have a Lennox 10 ACB Compressor system. I noticed today that the Air
compressor (external) was making a humming sound and the fan was not
working. The rest of the Air Conditioning system seems to be working
fine.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the above issue.

I'm guessing the start capacitor is kaput.

1. Turn off power.
2. Take several pictures of wires connected to capacitor(s)
3. Remove capacitor.
4. Take capacitor to A/C parts store and say "Gimme one like this"
(Higher voltage okay)
5. Install new capacitor
6. Turn on power.
7. Does it work?
7a. Yes, you're done

I did this on a window air conditioner and it worked.

Old June 29th 11, 04:03 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 07:29:34 -0700, "Pat" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
om...
AT wrote:
I have a Lennox 10 ACB Compressor system. I noticed today that the Air
compressor (external) was making a humming sound and the fan was not
working. The rest of the Air Conditioning system seems to be working
fine.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the above issue.

I'm guessing the start capacitor is kaput.

1. Turn off power.
2. Take several pictures of wires connected to capacitor(s)
3. Remove capacitor.
4. Take capacitor to A/C parts store and say "Gimme one like this"
(Higher voltage okay)
5. Install new capacitor
6. Turn on power.
7. Does it work?
7a. Yes, you're done

I did this on a window air conditioner and it worked.

You may have a breaker that is tripped, and the relay ( contactor ) is
making a humming noise. ( Note: The contactor is powered from the
inside unit.) If the compressor is buzzing it will cycle on and off.
Check the breakers. You could have one inside the house and one out
side. The one outside may be a fuse type.
Old June 30th 11, 08:54 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 28, 7:35*pm, AT wrote:
I have a Lennox 10 ACB Compressor system. I noticed today that the Air
compressor (external) was making a humming sound and the fan was not
working. The rest of the Air Conditioning system seems to be working
fine.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the above issue.

Regards

AT

The rest of the system could not be working fine if the outside fan
was not blowing air over the condensing coils to liquify the
refrigerant before sending it back to the A-coil in the blower unit
inside the house. That is assuming you have a conventional system.
Old June 30th 11, 09:32 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/30/2011 3:54 PM, hr(bob) wrote:
On Jun 28, 7:35 pm, wrote:
I have a Lennox 10 ACB Compressor system. I noticed today that the Air
compressor (external) was making a humming sound and the fan was not
working. The rest of the Air Conditioning system seems to be working
fine.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the above issue.

Regards

AT

The rest of the system could not be working fine if the outside fan
was not blowing air over the condensing coils to liquify the
refrigerant before sending it back to the A-coil in the blower unit
inside the house. That is assuming you have a conventional system.

1. oil it
2 check for slipping blade
3 call repair service