Seeqer

Default Humming sound

As of the last 6 months am Emerson TV I have which is otherwise fine
makes a fairly loud sort of humming sound when turned on.
With something on TV its drowned out. Its not the speakers but an internal
component in the rear top ot the set. Its a vcr tv combo, but its not the
Vcr either.
Anybody have any idea's. Alittle louder and the set will be unuseable.
Never had a set make this sound.

Jerry G.

There may be defective filter capacitors in the power supply, or defective
de-coupling caps in the supply distribution through the circuit board(s). An
ESR testing of all the caps involved would most likely help locate the
defective caps.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Seeqer" wrote in message
m...
As of the last 6 months am Emerson TV I have which is otherwise fine
makes a fairly loud sort of humming sound when turned on.
With something on TV its drowned out. Its not the speakers but an internal
component in the rear top ot the set. Its a vcr tv combo, but its not the
Vcr either.
Anybody have any idea's. Alittle louder and the set will be unuseable.
Never had a set make this sound.

Sstopperent

is the hum a 60hz ground hum? If so, you may need to check all audio
components for a lost or doubled ground.

Shawn Stopper