Posted to alt.home.repair

Default water pressure (well system)

Need to increase water pressure in external water hose for spray
applicator. I do not want to tinker with main pressure switch on
water house supply from well. I have spare pressure switch, pressure
tank and electric pump. Can I rig them to external garden hose for
desired effect? Want about 60 - 70 lbs pressure.
Frank
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 25, 6:16*am, Frank Thompson wrote:
Need to increase water pressure in external water hose for spray
applicator. *I do not want to tinker with main pressure switch on
water house supply from well. *I have spare pressure switch, pressure
tank and electric pump. *Can I rig *them to external garden hose for
desired effect? * Want about 60 - 70 lbs pressure.
Frank

Yes, provided the pump you plan on using is suitable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank Thompson wrote:

Need to increase water pressure in external water hose for spray
applicator. I do not want to tinker with main pressure switch on
water house supply from well. I have spare pressure switch, pressure
tank and electric pump. Can I rig them to external garden hose for
desired effect? Want about 60 - 70 lbs pressure.

Sure - that's exactly what do it yourself car washes do. Keep in mind that
unless you are drawing from a storage tank you are trading pressure for volume.
That is, the higher the boost pressure, the less volume you will be pushing out
the hose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 25, 3:16*am, Frank Thompson wrote:
Need to increase water pressure in external water hose for spray
applicator. *I do not want to tinker with main pressure switch on
water house supply from well. *I have spare pressure switch, pressure
tank and electric pump. *Can I rig *them to external garden hose for
desired effect? * Want about 60 - 70 lbs pressure.
Frank

Yes but you need to run it through a check valve otherwise you will be
trying to over pressure the main system every time the pump shuts off.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Frank Thompson typed:
Need to increase water pressure in external water hose
for spray applicator. I do not want to tinker with main
pressure switch on water house supply from well. I have
spare pressure switch, pressure tank and electric pump.
Can I rig them to external garden hose for desired
effect? Want about 60 - 70 lbs pressure.
Frank

If there is adequate water pressure elsewhere, then the problem is likely to
be due to sediments & buildups inside the pipes to the faucet, or even the
faucet/shutoffs themselves.

The answer to your question is, yes, that should work as long as you have
the electricity fed from a properly rated ckt.

HTH,

Twayne`

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 25, 6:16*am, Frank Thompson wrote:
Need to increase water pressure in external water hose for spray
applicator. *I do not want to tinker with main pressure switch on
water house supply from well. *I have spare pressure switch, pressure
tank and electric pump. *Can I rig *them to external garden hose for
desired effect? * Want about 60 - 70 lbs pressure.
Frank

Yes. when you hookup a gas/electric pressure washer, it is basically
the same thing. Just because you increase the pressure doesn't
necessarily mean you increase or decrease GPM's use. The GPM's will be
regulated by the nozzle(s) you are using at the pressure you are
using, along with other factors such as size of hose, length of hose
and etc.

Volume (gallons available) will be dictated by the amount of GPM's
your well is producing in conjuction with how much storage capacity is
at hand.

Hank