natureboy

Default Low water pressure with new well pump system

I had a new well water system installed with a new 4" Goulds 1/2 HP
submersible pump, 40 gallon pre-pressurized tank, 30/50 pressure
switch. The depth is 30' and I have a good water supply with no
sediment or air pockets in the water draw. The guy who did the work
down and out with a back injury and I need to find a remedy before our
annual wet toga pool party. The pressure is initialy good, however, it
quickly dimenishes to a trickle after 10-15 seconds, the pressure
builds back up fairly qucik but is is anoting to keep waiting for it
to come up. I can see that the siwtch is kicking in the pump at around
30PSI and shutting it off at 50PSI. The problem is the water is
marginally tollerable when I take a shower, I can't rurn on my inside
faucet when the garden hose is running, and I'll be more worried when
I try to clean my second level wood deck with a power washer. I
understand that hte pressure should drop however, I did not expect
that much of a drop. Should I step up the low side pressure or go to a
40/60 pressure switch? Is my inline filter dimenishing the pressure?
What are my options and trouble shooting sceme for this situation?
Cheers
Speedy Jim

natureboy wrote:

[...]

Bet installing the new pump stirred things up.
Your filter may indeed be clogged and the problem.

Jim