Posted to alt.home.repair
Hank[_6_] Hank[_6_] is offline

Default water pressure (well system)

On Jun 25, 6:16*am, Frank Thompson wrote:
Need to increase water pressure in external water hose for spray
applicator. *I do not want to tinker with main pressure switch on
water house supply from well. *I have spare pressure switch, pressure
tank and electric pump. *Can I rig *them to external garden hose for
desired effect? * Want about 60 - 70 lbs pressure.
Frank

Yes. when you hookup a gas/electric pressure washer, it is basically
the same thing. Just because you increase the pressure doesn't
necessarily mean you increase or decrease GPM's use. The GPM's will be
regulated by the nozzle(s) you are using at the pressure you are
using, along with other factors such as size of hose, length of hose
and etc.

Volume (gallons available) will be dictated by the amount of GPM's
your well is producing in conjuction with how much storage capacity is
at hand.

Hank