Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Default Price of Shingle removal, two layers vs three

On May 16, 10:14*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On May 16, 9:42*pm, Evan wrote:

On May 16, 8:07*pm, IGot2P wrote:

Then you have not heard of everything because every one that I have
rented was based only on the size and how long I kept it.

Then you are being charged a price that no one who needed
routine access to dumpsters would ever pay...

Its by size and tonnage when you are getting the best price
possible... *If you want to pay someone's mark-up to pay
one price no questions asked, then you take your chances...

Good luck with that...

Nice back pedal. *And why are you trying to compare someone who rents
dumpsters only occasionally with a contractor's pricing where the guy
might be renting several a week?

Evan, you seem to like to paint things in black and white, but there
are a lot of gray areas in construction and in life. *People do
different things in different ways in different parts of the country
and allowances for this have to be made in the advice that is given
and taken on this newsgroup.

@Rico:

I have probably supervised the rental, filling and removal of
more dumpsters in the ten years I worked for a shopping
mall then you have as a contractor... This includes every
other day emptying of (9) 40 Yd trash compactors, (3) 40
Yd recycling compactor and a once monthly 30 Yd roll off
container of items which would either not fit into the
compactors or would have damaged them...

We owned the compactors so we were only charged a
tipping fee + tonnage... On the rented 30 Yd container,
it was a fee for however many days the container was
at our location + the tonnage of the trash...

If you have different rates, ****ing great for you, but
seriously when you are talking tons and tons of trash
weekly it is a different ballgame... You couldn't create
that much trash doing construction without an entire
company of guys working for you including guy(s) who
do nothing but fill the dumpsters all day removing the
debris as other people on the crew rip stuff apart...

Remember, some states are still backwards and not
really into regulating how and where trash is buried
in the ground -- that might have something to do with
the differences in the waste hauling prices...

~~ Evan
Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

On May 16, 9:42*pm, Evan wrote:
On May 16, 8:07*pm, IGot2P wrote:

[...]

All of that has exactly nothing to do with an individual in another
part of the country informing you that your blanket statement about
how it works in The World Of Dumpsters is not universal. Opinions,
prices and experiences vary. It makes no sense to argue the point.