Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fix panel circuit breaker?

On May 14, 2:11*pm, dumbstruck wrote:
I get no power to a kitchen stove, and I notice it's 50 amp circuit
breaker flops loosely back and forth (in old westinghouse wpa panel).
Does this mean the breaker needs replacing, or can it be coaxed to
work somehow? Or could it be ok and it's not being fed power (but
adjacent breakers work ok)? The stove hasn't drawn power except for
it's clock for a dozen years, so maybe salt air corrosion took effect
on contacts?

The next issue is fixing it... not easily turned off due to being a
multi family unit panel. Building power will be turned off for a
coming maintenance day, but without working elevators no electrician
will want to climb the many stories to work on it. Can I fix it
myself? I don't see any way to detach the metal frame from it.

thanks

USE A LITTLE BUTTER & HONEY IN YOUR DIET.
THAT SHOULD LOOSEN UP THINGS, YOUR BRAIN SEEMS TO BE STUCK ON DUMB.
BOOWAHAHAHAHA
TGITM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 14, 2:11*pm, dumbstruck wrote:
I get no power to a kitchen stove, and I notice it's 50 amp circuit
breaker flops loosely back and forth (in old westinghouse wpa panel).
Does this mean the breaker needs replacing, or can it be coaxed to
work somehow? Or could it be ok and it's not being fed power (but
adjacent breakers work ok)? The stove hasn't drawn power except for
it's clock for a dozen years, so maybe salt air corrosion took effect
on contacts?

The next issue is fixing it... not easily turned off due to being a
multi family unit panel. Building power will be turned off for a
coming maintenance day, but without working elevators no electrician
will want to climb the many stories to work on it. Can I fix it
myself? I don't see any way to detach the metal frame from it.

thanks

OF COURSE IF YOU CONTINUE NONPLUSSED BY IT YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE
ELECTRICAL CONTROL OFFICE OF YOUR LOCAL BUILDINGS DEPARTMENT...AND
STOP TRYING TO PLAY ELECTRICIAN.
TGITM