Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question on wiring a plug (not a socket)

Need to replace the plug on a battery charger due to someone breaking off
the grounding prong, and am not absolutely certain on how to hook up the
other two prongs. I know that black is hot and white is neutral, but does
the black go to the left prong (normally a little "wider" than the right,
but not on the replacement I bought) and white to the right, or reverse?
Somebody please enliighten me, before I plug this thing up and damage it.
Many thanks.

Dave