Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT HIghway Patrol cars

mm posted for all of us...

OT HIghway Patrol cars

This is especially directed at my fellow old codgers, but anyone can
join in.

I've been watching reruns of Highway Patrol with Broderick Crawford
for the past few months.

I really like them. Some parts are more realistic than average, and
others are less realistic. For example, they're almost never in a
hurry, even when a baby can't breathe.

But one thing gets me. The police cars are all full-size (since
that's almost all that existed in the 50's. But they are all 2-door.

Did any police have 2-door cars?

When they arrest someone, they put him in the back seat, usually with
his hands cuffed behind him, but not always iirc. Sometimes maybe
they put him in the front seat. I forget.

What network was this on? I watched that show and have never seen reruns.
There is a web site..,
Remember - low bidder gets the job. We buy pursuit rated cars, which some are
not. Ford says they are going to be making police cars (which they say every
year) but I have seen the new Ford police car brochure and no Crown Vics were
in it.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 May 2011 11:21:10 -0400, Tekkie® wrote:

What network was this on? I watched that show and have never seen reruns.
There is a web site..,

http://www.hulu.com/highway-patrol

Ahh!! The squealing rayon bias-ply tires and the tube superheterodyne two
way radios.

10-4

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/2011 11:21 AM, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

The beloved P71 CV is gone. Panther platform was just too damn old to
keep updating any more- current gen dates from early 90s. and it was
only an update of the previous one that goes back a decade before that.
I think Checker, real VW bug, and maybe a couple others had models
with longer production lives, but Panther CV is right up there.

--
aem sends...