Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Krups 2-slice toaster disassembly

I have a Krups 2-slice toaster like this one:
http://www.krupsusa.com/NR/rdonlyres...MFEP_multi.pdf

I’m trying to disassemble it to have a look at the circuit board to
see if it can be modified or adjusted to make darker toast.

The front handle/lever is used for raising or lowering the toast.
Does anyone know how to remove it? It doesn’t seem obvious and I’d
like to avoid breaking it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 3, 11:02*pm, "Denis G." wrote:
I have a Krups 2-slice toaster like this one:http://www.krupsusa.com/NR/rdonlyres...-8E5B-1B377C0F...

I’m trying to disassemble it to have a look at the circuit board to
see if it can be modified or adjusted to make darker toast.

The front handle/lever is used for raising or lowering the toast.
Does anyone know how to remove it? *It doesn’t seem obvious and I’d
like to avoid breaking it.

I doubt you will find someone with specific experience taking apart
that particular toaster in this group. Often plastic levels and knobs
that attach to metal mechanical parts are a slip on fit. Try pulling
while wiggling it a bit. It's up to you to judge when you are about
to beak it instead of remove it. Most small appliances are not really
intended to be repaired so they are not manufactured for easy
disassembly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 4, 6:27*am, jamesgangnc wrote:
On May 3, 11:02*pm, "Denis G." wrote:

I have a Krups 2-slice toaster like this one:http://www.krupsusa.com/NR/rdonlyres...-8E5B-1B377C0F...

I’m trying to disassemble it to have a look at the circuit board to
see if it can be modified or adjusted to make darker toast.

The front handle/lever is used for raising or lowering the toast.
Does anyone know how to remove it? *It doesn’t seem obvious and I’d
like to avoid breaking it.

I doubt you will find someone with specific experience taking apart
that particular toaster in this group. *Often plastic levels and knobs
that attach to metal mechanical parts are a slip on fit. *Try pulling
while wiggling it a bit. * It's up to you to judge when you are about
to beak it instead of remove it. *Most small appliances are not really
intended to be repaired so they are not manufactured for easy
disassembly.

Ok, thanks. I've taken apart other brands in the past. I've used a
bobby pin to retract a spring clip holding a lever handle, but I don't
see one on this. Sometimes I only find out how things are assembled
after I break them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 3, 11:02*pm, "Denis G." wrote:

[...]

after I break them.- Hide quoted text -

I think we've all done that a few times.

Is it really electronically controlled?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 3, 11:02*pm, "Denis G." wrote:

[...]

Is it really electronically controlled?- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I can see a small circuit board with a resistor and a capacitor
mounted inside in the lower front section. Despite all the
sophistication of the newer models, I think that the old toasters
worked better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 3, 11:02*pm, "Denis G." wrote:

[...]

Yeah, but it still can be fun to try to imagine how things are
assembled at the factory.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 3, 11:02*pm, "Denis G." wrote:

[...]

worked better.- Hide quoted text -

The really old ones where the sides folded down and that in itself
flipped the bread over were simpicity itself, But you did have to
remember to flip the bread at the right time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 3, 11:02*pm, "Denis G." wrote:

[...]

assembled at the factory.- Hide quoted text -

Yes. Sometimes I like good puzzles. Sometimes I just want good toast.